Japan just hit by magnitude 8.9 earthquake

I suppose so. Personally I think mama Earth is about tired of being abused.

We live on the top of a pizza crust that is blanketing Earth's high-temperature and high-pressure iron core and mantle. If anything we are about to get turned into dried anchovies by Earth's ironworks. The living planet is a different thing though. We are indeed abusing it.

earth-core.webp

Please don't Peggy, you'll get the "Armageddonists" started :rolleyes:
What is so wrong with those of us who believe in the Bible to state that the end of times are looking nearer and nearer?
It is going to happen sooner or later. One day, somebody will be correct. HAHA

kinda crazy to put all that radioactive water into the ocean.
well, definitely a great way to decrease the ever growing world-population-numbers...... and much better and cheaper than a war anyway :rolleyes:

nobody gets hurt as we do not see any blood on TV.........

kinda crazy to put all that radioactive water into the ocean.
well, definitely a great way to decrease the ever growing world-population-numbers...... and much better and cheaper than a war anyway :rolleyes:
I know I won't be eating any west coast lobster. :censored:

You know, when this first started I had a funny feeling Japan might not have seen the last of it all. Don't ask me why, just a feeling I had?

I still feel the same way too, as though something bigger is yet to come.

Don't you mean Asian lobsters? Not West Coast?
All that radioactivity is going to make its way to our (US) west coast.

You know, when this first started I had a funny feeling Japan might not have seen the last of it all. Don't ask me why, just a feeling I had?

I still feel the same way too, as though something bigger is yet to come.

For once, I'm forced to agree with you. o_O

You know, we have many quakes per-day in this region around Japan. :)

It's only after the 3/11 quake that the world is paying attention to every quake that pops up. The only levels we're really concerned with on a daily basis is a 8.0+ quake. Anything below that, normally, is nothing. I agree that certain parts of Japan are more sensitive given the recent incidents, however generally speaking, we don't go jumping at each movement of the earth.

I think we've just hit this proverbial 'bump' in the geological circle of life. Saw the news about Mexico, so... Batter-up U.S. West Coast! :)

What is so wrong with those of us who believe in the Bible to state that the end of times are looking nearer and nearer?
Well, we (that is people who are interested in reality) generally like to predict events in nature based on actual scientific data instead of interpretations based on old storybooks for which there is really no proof whatsoever that they are actually true and therefore of any use. ;)

It is going to happen sooner or later. One day, somebody will be correct. HAHA
Correct, it is very likely that some big natural disaster will happen sometime in the future and kill us all if we are not able to limit the potential damage, and it is a certainty that the earth will not be a habitable place for eternity. We can only hope science has a solution for both of these problems before it's too late :)

Well, we (that is people who are interested in reality) generally like to predict events in nature based on actual scientific data instead of interpretations based on old storybooks for which there is really no proof whatsoever that they are actually true and therefore of any use. ;)

That was really unnecessary. You have your beliefs, and we have ours. I'm pretty sure that we can co-exist, even post on the same forum, and in the same thread, without putting down each others' beliefs.

Let's try it, shall we? :)

Top Bottom