I've gone live with XF -

He put his site up for critical review and that is what he is getting Peggy.

OK, we got your point, be nicer guys and more diplomatic in your posting here to customers of Xenforo.

I doubt that he was prepared for his site, which he's obviously worked hard on, to be called a joke.

Thanks Anthony, I'm glad you got my point. :)

Way too many forums with one or two posts, you must have 60 odd :confused:. Condence the whole lot down into 10-20 at most until your bigger.

Still working on the homepage. I really like the look but would like to make it a WP theme as opposed to hard coded. Thanks for your support and suggestions. I don't think there are any hidden links(?) Yes there is some faint text on the bottom. That's probably not best and will be corrected over time. I thought the standard xf theme fit nicely with the logo.

Continue to fit /argue if you want but I'll take no offense. Appreciate the feedback. This site is for people that really struggle with allergies and I don't make a dime.

Way too many forums with one or two posts, you must have 60 odd :confused:. Condence the whole lot down into 10-20 at most until your bigger.

The problem with this issue is everyone wants to focus on there own specific allergy and that's why I initially setup all those subforums. I agree it's a bit overwhelming, but I have a hard time figure out how to condense. I'll spend some time on it.

Still working on the homepage. I really like the look but would like to make it a WP theme as opposed to hard coded. Thanks for your support and suggestions. I don't think there are any hidden links(?) Yes there is some faint text on the bottom. That's probably not best and will be corrected over time. I thought the standard xf theme fit nicely with the logo.

Continue to fit /argue if you want but I'll take no offense. Appreciate the feedback. This site is for people that really struggle with allergies and I don't make a dime.

Hey I'm eating popcorn over here :)

Is there a reason the writing is outside the general box area? Assume you are using it as copyright and the like.

I really liked the homepage (What are you using ) ! Nice job there but forums seems to have too many sections :( Hopefully someone will come up with somekind of Add-on for Sub Forums soon in future .

Homepage : Thanks. For those that asked about it, I hard coded it from a couple of other sites I liked. It's not a template and the code is actually pretty bad. I really need to clean it up.

The writing outside the "general box area" is mainly for keywords and info and not for viewers to focus on. I doubt most scroll down that far. I realize it's a gray area with google but they are all important keywords and I alreadt have a lot of text content on the homepage for viewers to focus on.

Allergychat is number 2 when you search in google for allergy forum

XF Forum:

Hey, I really thought the theme fit well with the logo. Now after your comments, I re-looked at it and wonder..lol. BTW - I used some of the xf css colors on the homepage to make them look integrated. Are you suggesting color changes or style changes?

XF Forum:

Hey, I really thought the theme fit well with the logo. Now after your comments, I re-looked at it and wonder..lol. BTW - I used some of the xf css colors on the homepage to make them look integrated. Are you suggesting color changes or style changes?
Neither the peach-colored category strips, nor the forum icons, are color-coordinated with your logo. I would switch out the icons for some that match the colors in your logo, and pick a color from your logo for the category strips as well.

Everything else looks pretty good, style-wise.

Good points, I appreciate it.

The colors in the logo are pretty "colorful" and I don't want to over do it down the page. In regards to the icons, I also agree with you. I thought it would be great to have specific icons for the diff. forums. Like a lobster for shellfish and a horse, etc.... I asked Shelly to help me out with her talents and she blew me off! (:( ) She's a busy girl I guess...

Neither the peach-colored category strips, nor the forum icons, are color-coordinated with your logo. I would switch out the icons for some that match the colors in your logo, and pick a color from your logo for the category strips as well.

Everything else looks pretty good, style-wise.

I agree, pick a colour for the category bars and the icons, I like the green in the little green allergen, or the blue from the blue one, or even the pinkish one (least favourite option) as the category bar colour, and then use Shelley's excellent recoloured default icons or create your own to match :)

The writing outside the "general box area" is mainly for keywords and info and not for viewers to focus on. I doubt most scroll down that far. I realize it's a gray area with google but they are all important keywords and I alreadt have a lot of text content on the homepage for viewers to focus on.

LOL man, I guess you just don't get it or have not been around that long....

GOOGLE WILL BAN YOUR DOMAIN FROM THEIR SEARCH ENGINE IF YOU CONTINUE TO USE THIS TACTIC.

Good points, I appreciate it.

The colors in the logo are pretty "colorful" and I don't want to over do it down the page. In regards to the icons, I also agree with you. I thought it would be great to have specific icons for the diff. forums. Like a lobster for shellfish and a horse, etc.... I asked Shelly to help me out with her talents and she blew me off! :)( ) She's a busy girl I guess...
Yes she is a very busy girl.

The logo is colorful, but not overly so, and you certainly don't want to clash colors. So choosing one of the less brighter colors from the logo for the accent color over the forum will make it really pop.

You want to get rid of it, because Google already know its there the moment they have cached your page... and they can also read CSS extremely well, so you can't even hide it with that.

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Australia Austria Bahamas Barbados Belgium Belize Brazil Brunei Burma/Myanmar Canada Cape Verde Chile (Santiago) (SA) Colombia Costa Rica Cuba Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Estonia Fiji Finland France Georgia Germany Greece Guatemala Guinea-Bissau Haiti Honduras Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Israel Italy Jamaica Japan Jordan Korea, South Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Malta Marshall Islands Mauritania Mauritius Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Morocco Nepal Netherlands New Zealand Nicaragua Norway Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Poland Portugal Qatar Romania Russian Federation Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Saudi Arabia Serbia Seychelles Singapore Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Tanzania Thailand Togo Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Uruguay Vatican City Venezuela Vietnam forum Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN), the nation's leading nonprofit, patient advocacy organization,forum Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Networkforum Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network, Food Allergy Walkforum The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN) is a Virginia-based, nonprofit ... research on behalf of all those affected by food allergies and anaphylaxisforum foodallergy.com

If you want to target a specific keyword, then you create what's called a landing page, which is not the old doorway page, again stuffed with keywords... but a well focused, well written, meticulous page about a specific keyword, that the user finds just as interesting as any other part of your site and its focus topic.

Top Bottom