It's all happening here .....

Jethro

Seems we have the first bush fire of the season raging somewhere to the west of us, smoke is drifting through my neighbourhood at the moment.

smoke.webp

And to make matters worse what was thought to be a snake was under the truck of the guy up the road. Turns out it was a blue tongue (lizard).

Any more excitement and I might have to crack a beer on the strength of it.

Jon yeap. The Aussie bush actually regenerates by being burnt off, as long as they have fire breaks and the like sorted it generally isn't an issue here as opposed to down in Victoria were they have major fire storms every few years.

Yep.....fire is a good thing as some people don't realize. Many plants can only reproduce in the presence of fire but it is not good when your house is in it.

Just to add to the drama have announced at one of our sites we are moving to Xen, hey any members who have come over for a look. Waiting on the first person to suddenly work out there wont be an arcade on day one ....

Oh,

I should explain what a Coastie is for the non-Americans. I live in what is referred to as fly-over country but the Coasties. The Coasties don't think anyone lives in flyover country. Well, we call the people the people that live within 100 miles of the the ocean or a large body of water Coasties.

OH they already know :p

Actually they all love him, as does most of my family :D I was only teasin

When I was looking for accents in youtube it seems there is a bit of Kiwi iAussie rivalry.

I also noticed they said some not nice things about Kiwi women in youtube as well.:(

Top Bottom