It's all happening here .....

Drunken Koala :p

I would have never guessed that one.

I have run into bears a few times backpacking. I almost walked into one. They actually have a fear of man and usually run. It is not like they show in the movies but once in a great while it gets ugly.

Ha! Man, I am slow on the uptake. It doesn't help that up until his fire post, I thought he lived in NZ. :D

:D I have said it before in the ladies lounge :p but no one was 'listening' obviously lol :D hehehehe

He is a Kiwi but lives in Australia :) Still very much identifies as a Kiwi though.

"When an unsuspecting (American) tourist walks under a eucalypt that is housing one of these, the drop down onto their shoulder and start sucking the brains* out through their ears."

So they like to eat tourists.

I would think all your crocs, funnel web spiders, jellies, sharks, and impolite snakes would be enough danger. :)

We just invented the stories about funnel webs and other nasties, it's the drop bears you have to worry about ... oh and drunk bogan mungo supporters of course.

:D I have said it before in the ladies lounge :p but no one was 'listening' obviously lol :D hehehehe

He is a Kiwi but lives in Australia :) Still very much identifies as a Kiwi though.

Ah hell Dragonfly, I hit a patch where women were discussing menopause or something and I skipped ahead. Sorry! (If it was a thread on TWoP I'd get an infraction for that.)

Ah hell Dragonfly, I hit a patch where women were discussing menopause or something and I skipped ahead. Sorry! (If it was a thread on TWoP I'd get an infraction for that.)

LOL yeah, it did get a bit intense in there for a bit :p

Ok.. I give up, what is TWoP?

I better look up bogan mungo. Don't know what that is either.

Bogan = redneck, chav, white trash

Mungo = Rugby League.

Strangely this popped up when I did google on "bogan mungo"

turdles.webp

LOL yeah, it did get a bit intense in there for a bit :p

Ok.. I give up, what is TWoP?

televisionwithoutpity.com -- a board with the strictest TOS you will ever find anywhere, except maybe on Floris's board, and I'm just guessing there.

One of their rules: do not respond to a thread before reading the last 15 pages or days of content. So if you ask a question that was already answered 15 days/pages ago, you're in trouble.

televisionwithoutpity.com -- a board with the strictest TOS you will ever find anywhere, except maybe on Floris's board, and I'm just guessing there.

One of their rules: do not respond to a thread before reading the last 15 pages or days of content. So if you ask a question that was already answered 15 days/pages ago, you're in trouble.

Oh dear god! That is just ridiculous! I wonder why people bother to visit the site.

You'd think it would put people off, but it's a really popular site/forum. They break all the rules there are for what makes a good, welcoming, popular forum - and get away with it. No smileys, no avatars, no signatures... no typing in all lower-case, no "text slang," and on and on and on.

I like it for the simple reason that there will always be people posting on it. So if I (say) watch "The Event" and I wonder how other people felt about it, I can waste my time going to a dozen other forums and reading a few one-sentence posts, or I can go to TWoP and read six pages of long, thought-out posts.

You'd think it would put people off, but it's a really popular site/forum. They break all the rules there are for what makes a good, welcoming, popular forum - and get away with it. No smileys, no avatars, no signatures... no typing in all lower-case, no "text slang," and on and on and on.

I like it for the simple reason that there will always be people posting on it. So if I (say) watch "The Event" and I wonder how other people felt about it, I can waste my time going to a dozen other forums and reading a few one-sentence posts, or I can go to TWoP and read six pages of long, thought-out posts.

Just had a look, I can understand the appeal of the content people are posting, but wowsers, not sure I could live with those strict rules. And as for back reading for 15 days before posting LOL you have got to be kidding me :p

Top Bottom