It's all happening here .....

Just had a look, I can understand the appeal of the content people are posting, but wowsers, not sure I could live with those strict rules. And as for back reading for 15 days before posting LOL you have got to be kidding me :p

I know it sounds crazy, but it works. For one thing you don't get the same comment repeated endlessly, because people will rat you out in a heartbeat for not reading the whole thread. Also, no matter where you post in the thread, your posts are still read - rather than skipped over by everyone who can't be bothered reading an entire thread. (Inside the 15/15 limit I mean - and now that I think about it, I could swear it used to be 30/30.)

televisionwithoutpity.com -- a board with the strictest TOS you will ever find anywhere, except maybe on Floris's board, and I'm just guessing there.

One of their rules: do not respond to a thread before reading the last 15 pages or days of content. So if you ask a question that was already answered 15 days/pages ago, you're in trouble.

Once belonged to a site where you got warnings if you started a thread that had ever been raised previously in the five years the board had been in existence. Sort of lead to very few new threads since the site was about Pink Floyd, though I started one claiming Kylie was remaking "Dark Side of the Moon".

Once belonged to a site where you got warnings if you started a thread that had ever been raised previously in the five years the board had been in existence. Sort of lead to very few new threads since the site was about Pink Floyd, though I started one claiming Kylie was remaking "Dark Side of the Moon".

Whoa! That's brutal. TWoP also has a strict thread-starting policy, but it's pretty easy to see if someone else already started the thread. Especially since they don't allow random threads - just certain specific ones. Like, "speculation without spoilers."

Sometimes on forums for new TV shows, it's fun to watch the poor new people flood in and be baffled by the dizzying array of rules. They'll say something like "um, u people are haters" with no idea that they've just broken four separate rules.

Whoa! That's brutal. TWoP also has a strict thread-starting policy, but it's pretty easy to see if someone else already started the thread. Especially since they don't allow random threads - just certain specific ones. Like, "speculation without spoilers."

Sometimes on forums for new TV shows, it's fun to watch the poor new people flood in and be baffled by the dizzying array of rules. They'll say something like "um, u people are haters" with no idea that they've just broken four separate rules.

I never get the overly controlling nature of some sites and generally don't stick around them for very long.

Me either normally, but this site breaks all the rules and somehow it works. The people who post on it are essentially part of their brand, and they protect the brand. This is bad if you hate overly-controlling sites, but good if you're looking for a decent conversation about a TV show.

Top Bottom