It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with that. :LOL:
Thanks. I will continue supporting Xenforo because it is the choice I made regardless of the risks presented to me.

Should that day have to end because Kier him self said that Xenforo is going down, then I will convert my boards to another software, its not that hard.

Thanks. I will continue supporting Xenforo because it is the choice I made regardless of the risks presented to me.

Should that day have to end because Kier him self said that Xenforo is going down, then I will convert my boards to another software, its not that hard.

Hey Dark, a quick look at your Avatar looks like the guy is peeing from a big....oh, well, I have an imagination.....no role playing here.
;)

Just to make some folks happy - I used an older forum package for about 4-5 years with virtually NO updates...and ran a very large community on it.

While I am in agreement that communication is lacking here, I don't think folks are going to be left high and dry. Plenty of folks will want the XF business (if anything happens), and there will be paths for migration.

And, as I said, most communities can go for YEARS without updates....so, realistically, the idea that XF is going to fall apart without quarterly updates seems silly. I often stay with older linux/php/mysql versions for many years with no ill effect.

What's the real point of this? People are only interested in using XenForo if Kier and Mike are developing it. Anyway, if they lost chances are IB would own it, even if they didn't XenForo is not Open Source.

And yet again someone gets jumped on for posting a contrary opinion.

The fact is, while MRGTB does post some right bollocks at times, he is absolutely spot on with that comment.

It is not negativity, it is realism. "Being positive" doesn't pay the bills.
MTGTB should have been aware of the risks and consequences of using xenforo. I was and still am.

Lets play a game of Russian Roulette.

russian-roulette-755910.jpg

If you win, you get the best forum experiance out there.

If you lose, you get nothing. It was explained to you before you entered the door.

Besides dead people don't get to complain that they are dead.

But no legal action could be taken against you right? Worst case scenario we do what KAM did and make our own ;)

Of course they could take legal action, they probably wouldn't unless you grow big enough though.

I'm in no way, shape or form advocating forking - just explaining the implications.

It is not negativity, it is realism. "Being positive" doesn't pay the bills.

That's all I was being, realistic about things. IB have been involved in loads of court cases, they have multiple ones ongoing at times. The legal team they use no doubt will be past masters and manipulating things with the legal system and that does not suit XenForo, who unlike IB doesn't have a bottomless money pit to keep dipping into.

I was just being realistic, not negative.

MTGTB should have been aware of the risks and consequences of using xenforo. I was and still am.

Lets play a game of Russian Roulette.

russian-roulette-755910.jpg

If you win, you get the best forum experiance out there.

If you lose, you get nothing. It was explained to you before you entered the door.

Besides dead people don't get to complain that they are dead.
Let me quote my self so everyone can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom