It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The licence can't be revoked since in agreement is said that it is unlimited. If copyright is transfered nothing happens since it would be addon for 1.1.2.

When there is a copyright dispute the license can be and probably will be revoked, easy as that there is an exception but then you talk about the court that can list how and what. Also the license is not unlimited as in the agreement "XenForo Limited grants You a limited, non-exclusive, worldwide license to install, download and use a single instance of the Software ("License") through a single installation." As you see limited, there even copyright stuff in that license if something happens. Now the hard part for people, if by some bad joke in this universe Xenforo will lose all copyright on the software the copyright is granted to the competition they never agreed to license it to you to begin with. At that time you are in violation of copyright infringement they can then sue you even if you are willing to fight it the company has to many resources also they can do an ex-parte on your site or DCMA if needed to get it offline.

If I was staff, this is where I would lock the thread. And any future thread relating to this continued subject, would get a link to this post as the official explanation and then also locked. And if you didn't like that... Oh well.
Ah, humour and arrogance :ROFLMAO:
That is why I keep reading these threads!

WOW. I scanned the entire thread before it's been deleted.
Those who believe in the XenForo software could help XFL fight the good fight by buying a license and show IB you will not stand for their bullying.
Sorry, but I don't agree. Maybe if I had extra cash it would be different. In the beginning I was quick to add license after license to show my support.

I don't like the current state of things here either. But a few points.

Giving the community here something to speculate on, hurts xF. It shouldn't be at the point people are speculating, not to this level. Not where you have people saying they want to switch to xF, but won't because of the silence.

That being said, if K&M can't reply to such things for a legal reason, as much should be said, not implied, said.

REGARDLESS of whatever my personal feelings about how things are currently being run here, the primary thing anyone that runs an xF board should be thinking about and doing is stopping with the BS and quit letting IB win (in the public opinion). Because every one of these people that say they aren't switching to xF because of such threads, YOU are the one damaging xF much much more than K&M not replying here.

I want answers too, but the fact is, right now, we're not getting them and there's nothing to say we ARE going to get them.

Shut it, stop it, and support your boards and xF as best you can. If you don't feel you can stick with xF for whatever reasons, don't. But don't drag xF down even more so because of it.

Can you believe it everyone participating in these Threads actually are Admins (who run some other sites/networks) .

Wrong! I don't run a forum right now, and you can't be an Admin on a Blog when there's only you there. Whom I gonna Admin over, myself?

This isn't directed at anyone single person, but...

Can we all please act like adults and stop attacking one another.

We're all here (or should be) because we either love XenForo and / or are customers of XenForo. The point of this public forum is to further our knowledge as site owners (or administrators). And the needless and unwarranted drama isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom