MG 1.1 Issues With My Gallery

DaveM

I seem to have various issues with my gallery and it looks like something might be corrupted. I am running the following add on Reckons Team Videos From Feed

So now when I look at my gallery categories that I have created they look like this
upload_2015-8-25_5-55-57.webp

If I look at them from the registered feeds option they look like this

XFGallery.webp

This add on works as it should on my other forum. If you need to have a look on my site I will create the accounts needed.

Another thing I noticed is it does not show the following options above each gallery?

upload_2015-8-25_7-42-8.webp

But shows it as the following options

upload_2015-8-25_7-43-0.webp

Attachments

• upload_2015-8-25_5-50-14.webp
    upload_2015-8-25_5-50-14.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
RSS Feed is from the add-on.

Note that Watch Category is only available from within a category, not the Media Home page.

Do you have any outdated templates?
Does the Watch Category link appear in an unedited default style with all add-ons disabled?

Your screenshot on the default style shows the Watch Category link. So the fact it is missing from the screenshot in your first post is due to either an add-on or your custom style. Enable these one-by-one to determine which one is causing the Watch Category link to disappear.

Your cat site is using an older version of XFMG. Your Motorcycle site is using XFMG 1.1.

This is an issue with the add-on not working correctly with the latest version of XenForo / XFMG, it's not a XenForo / XFMG issue. You should be seeking support for this in the add-on thread.

The RSS Feed link was removed purposefully in MG 1.1.

The registered feed issues is purely from an add on.

The watch link being missing is down to an outdated style.

The RSS Feed link was removed purposefully in MG 1.1.

Another feature removed that my members were using :confused:

The registered feed issues is purely from an add on.

Chris you told me this the last time when I was using another RSS add on but I am sorry it is not that, it is working as it should on my second forum. I created a new embedded video feed category and it works as it should in that one but I am still getting all these ghost areas showing up on this site.

The watch link being missing is down to an outdated style.

The watch media is not missing it was the RSS that I am missing

Another feature removed that my members were using :confused:
RSS is still a feature. There's just no link there. You could publicise the link another way, or if they are indeed using RSS already then they will no longer need the link as it will be saved in their RSS readers. Not sure what "other" features were removed you're referring to...

So now when I look at my gallery categories that I have created they look like this
upload_2015-8-25_5-55-57-png.115126

If I look at them from the registered feeds option they look like this

xfgallery-png.115125

This add on works as it should on my other forum. If you need to have a look on my site I will create the accounts needed.
Are there some categories missing from the Gallery Categories page in the Admin CP? You can send me a log in if you wish. It's possible the categories need rebuilding - that could be caused by an import. Though there's also some categories showing there that aren't showing in the add on so it's quite odd.

RSS is still a feature. There's just no link there. You could publicise the link another way, or if they are indeed using RSS already then they will no longer need the link as it will be saved in their RSS readers. Not sure what "other" features were removed you're referring to...

The other change done in the resources software but that has now been replaced by an add on already.

How do I then pickup an RSS from the categories in this version then?

Are there some categories missing from the Gallery Categories page in the Admin CP? You can send me a log in if you wish. It's possible the categories need rebuilding - that could be caused by an import. Though there's also some categories showing there that aren't showing in the add on so it's quite odd.

The categories in this area should not been seen as we don't have those in the media gallery at this stage

XFGallery.webp

I now created a new main category and areas for those galleries and moved all the videos across to the new areas as in this screen shot from the XFMG Options (xengallery/categories)

upload_2015-8-25_11-22-36.webp

I will send you a PC with your log on details for this forum then

The other change done in the resources software but that has now been replaced by an add on already.
Which is?
How do I then pickup an RSS from the categories in this version then?
With the same URL as it has always been - generally it's the same URL as when viewing normally but with /index.rss added on the end.

https://xenforo.com/community/media/categories/test-media.1/index.rss

The categories in this area should not been seen as we don't have those in the media gallery at this stage

xfgallery-png.115155
Well I can't do anything about an add-on displaying categories incorrectly.

If you're telling me the XFMG page is correct and the add-on page is wrong, I can't do anything about that.

Also worth pointing out that the RSS feed is listed in the source, which feed readers will (well should) pick up when given the page URL.

Received the log in, thanks.

All I can tell you is that the category list on Admin CP > Applications > Gallery Categories appears to be working fine, therefore XFMG is working fine.

I can see that the add-on is displaying a different list of categories, that can only be a problem with the add-on. It's worth noting that you weren't incredibly clear about the problem you were experiencing initially, but you have since acknowledged yourself that it only displays incorrectly on the add-on so this is not something we can support you with.

Top Bottom