As designed {$isAwaitingEmailConfirmation} conditional not working on account_upgrades template

lasertits

Not sure if this is a bug, by design, or just my own silly issue (tested on 2 xf installs, one prod one dev, same result) but I can't seem to use the {$isAwaitingEmailConfirmation} template conditional on the account_upgrades template.

Using the following to test:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$isAwaitingEmailConfirmation}">
testing
</xen:if>

When placed on the PAGE_CONTAINER template and viewed on an unconfirmed account, the 'testing' message shows as expected.

When placed on the account_upgrades template and again viewed on an unconfirmed account, the 'testing' message does not show.

I also tested it on one of my own templates for an addon of mine and it worked there too. No idea why it isn't functioning on account_upgrades or if it doesn't work on other default XF templates as well.

If anyone knows how to get it working please let me know. Thanks.

That's a container param. It's not available to the content template without an addon. But you could create a condition to check the {$visitor} array in the template. This is what that var uses:

Code:
$params['isAwaitingEmailConfirmation'] = ($visitor['user_id'] && in_array($visitor['user_state'], array('email_confirm', 'email_confirm_edit')));

Yeah unfortunately just because a parameter is available in the PAGE_CONTAINER template, doesn't necessarily mean it will be available to others. And that is basically the problem.

That conditional is only available to the PAGE_CONTAINER template. It is defined as a parameter in XenForo_Dependencies_Public which sets up all of the parameters for the PAGE_CONTAINER.

You have a couple of options:

1) Create an add-on which extends the View which is defined for the account_upgrades controller (XenForo_ViewPublic_Account_Upgrades) and define that parameter. This will make it useable in that template.
2) Add another conditional in PAGE_CONTAINER something like (syntax may be wrong, going from memory)

Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'account_upgrades'>[/S]
[S]<xen:if is="{$isAwaitingEmailConfirmation}">[/S]
[S]Do something[/S]
[S]</xen:if>[/S]
[S]</xen:if>

This will obviously only work if what you're wanting to do can be injected somewhere within the PAGE_CONTAINER (so before or after the account_upgrades template is rendered).

Hehe, yeah what Jake the ninja said. Much more elegant actually.

The actual condition you should be able to use in the template is:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_state} == 'email_confirm' || {$visitor.user_state} == 'email_confirm_edit'">
	Do some stuff
</xen:if>

Thank you both for taking the time to explain and help me out, really appreciate it. And thanks for the conditional Chris, you made solving my issue extremely easy, tested & it works. :)

Top Bottom