1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Help, template conditional not working

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by imthebest, Jul 13, 2014.

1. imthebest

imthebest Formerly Super120

I have modified template helper_thread_watch_input to set the status of the "Watch this thread..." checkbox always checked only when creating a thread (not when replying to an existing one):

Code:
    <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'thread_create'">
    <label for="ctrl_watch_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="watch_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_watch_thread" class="Disabler" checked /> {xen:phrase watch_this_thread_sentence}...</label>
    <xen:else />
    <label for="ctrl_watch_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="watch_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_watch_thread" class="Disabler" {xen:checked $watchState} /> {xen:phrase watch_this_thread_sentence}...</label>
    </xen:if>
    Problem it that it's not working. However if I remove the conditional and just replace this:

Code:
    <label for="ctrl_watch_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="watch_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_watch_thread" class="Disabler" {xen:checked $watchState} /> {xen:phrase watch_this_thread_sentence}...</label>
    With this:

Code:
    <label for="ctrl_watch_thread"><input type="checkbox" name="watch_thread" value="1" id="ctrl_watch_thread" class="Disabler" checked /> {xen:phrase watch_this_thread_sentence}...</label>
    Then it works but not only on thread_create template but also on thread_reply which I don't want.

What's wrong with the conditional that I'm using? Why it doesn't work?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

If you do this:
    Code:
    {xen:helper dump, $contentTemplate}
    You'll see why.

That template isn't aware of the $contentTemplate conditional.

The solution here is to use the thread record, e.g.
    Code:
    <xen:if is="{$thread.thread_id}">
    An existing thread will have a thread ID, and obviously a thread being created won't.

imthebest likes this.