Is your Forum using Facebook login/registering via Facebook?

kaieivindm

Hi all,

I have for a year now on purpose not allowed users to use Facebook to login/register as users.
With that, I am now really thinking of allowing that again.

So how many of you use this function? And why?

I really can't see any benefits besides its quicker to register due to using FB.

Would like to get my fellow XF users to vote their opinion on the usage.

My Facebook page is linked to my forum, and I have good feedback there. But moving them to the forum it self is a bit tricky, hence I want to look into this functionality now.

Thanks!

I have all Facebook, Twitter and Google functions turned off on my forum.

I don't feel they add any value to my forum.

There are privacy concerns allowing these social sites tracking users.

These social sites often slow down your forum.

We require members to go through our own registration process, and don't use this. However, we're a large site with a lot of people who want to join. If I were starting a new forum, I might be inclined to make it as easy as possible for people to sign up.

I have Facebook installed for quicker log in and sign up.

So basically, because its quicker to log in and sign up. Its what I am thinking as well.
Have you ever tried disabling it? See if x amount of members dont sign up compared to when its on?

We require members to go through our own registration process, and don't use this. However, we're a large site with a lot of people who want to join. If I were starting a new forum, I might be inclined to make it as easy as possible for people to sign up.

Well, lucky you I guess :) But I dont have that luxury yet, and hoping for such a situation. But meanwhile, its interesting to see you would like for a new forum to have this due to the easy part of it.

Top Bottom