Would you direct your forum users to your Facebook page?

tommydamic68

So as of recent my Facebook page seems busier then my forum. Although my FB page is not as informational as my forum, its much more busier and more picture oriented of course and a few questions here and there that a few members will ask and answer. i gennerally push questions to my forum where we obviously have good, solid answers for them. I have never directed or advertised to my members of my forum and invited them to my FB page, if they found it by happenstance then so be it.

My question is, would you share the info about your Facebook page to your forum members?

As we all know the entire world lives off of their phones and most dapple around or live within FB, instagram or Snap Chat. By the way, I started my FB group a few years ago for fear of the "death" of forums which obviously is slowly but surely going to happen, it inevitable (unless some genius figures out how to make a forum type software that is totally 100% mobile like Tapatalk with out all the non sense.)

I would appreciate your thoughts. Funny, I always told myself that when Google adsense no longer pays for my forum upkeep and hosting cost, I would close the doors...

People are going to continue to us FB whether you send them there or not. I wan't my forum members following MY page(s) and joining my group(s) so I encourage them to join and follow MY page(s) and group(s). My stratagy is to dominate FB for my niche.

I then use FB to drive traffic to my site. If you have a strong group of core members on your forum that provide a large quantity of organized authoritative information people will gravitate to it. Stay active on FB and direct people to your site, or specific thread that address their issue. You'll find that many of your core members will do the same.

In addition, 90% plus of my adsense revenue comes from guests, not registered users. FB can help funnel that traffic to your site, when used properly.

EDIT: I am not the only one with a page or group about my niche BUT being active on both sides has ensured that I dominate.

I have an active FB page but I disable others creating Post on my page.
New threads are shared on my FB page and followers will surely visit the site to read it.

Top Bottom