XF 1.5 Is there any way to revert to xF 1.5.1?

gunnar

I just upgraded to 1.5.2, and it might be causing some issues with my bridge to WP. Can I revert to 1.5.1? I have a backup, how would i change it back without messing up Databases or anything else?

The 1.5.1 files can be downloaded again.

Restoring from a backup will result in a loss of any content since the backup was taken.

Thanks,
I'm still at loss, with how this would work.. I have new users but not much new content. Can revert the forum without loosing the users? Can I just install the 1.5.1 "upgrade" and it will be a downgrade?

Thanks, I wanted to revert whilst solving the problem :)

If I disable an add-on and theme, is it still present in a way that can cause problems? Would I have to completely delete it?

I suggest not reverting. You will lose any data (new users, posts, threads) created since the backup was taken, and generally a situation that shouldn't ever need to be done.

What are specifically the problems you are having?

The bridge to Wordpress, Xenword, is not able to link posts, new or old.
(The author isn't very available for trouble shooting at the moment.)

I have some errors in ACP:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function exists() on a non-object - /var/www/vhosts/URL/SUBDOMAIN.URL/wp-includes/pluggable.php:989
Generated By: MY-ADMIN-USER, Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "https://SUBDOMAIN.URL/wp-admin/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

And this one
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function check_capabilities() on a non-object - /var/www/vhosts/URL/SUBDOMAIN.URL/wp-includes/class-wp-customize-control.php:283
Generated By: MY-ADMIN-USER, Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(83) "https://SUBDOMAIN.URL/wp-admin/customize.php?theme=mytheme-2"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["theme"] => string(16) "mytheme-2"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I dont understand what these errors mean, but I have done a lot of changes over the last few days. We are launching in a couple of weeks, so I'm trying to get ready..
-changed both WP and xF to https
upgraded to 1.5.2
worked on two themes, both UI.X based
And setting up Woocommerce on WP.

What is on line 989 of pluggable.php out of interest?

The one in red is 989

if ( !function_exists('is_user_logged_in') ) :
/**
* Checks if the current visitor is a logged in user.
* @since 2.0.0
* @return bool True if user is logged in, false if not logged in.
*/
function is_user_logged_in() {
$user = wp_get_current_user();

return $user->exists();
}
endif;

if ( !function_exists('auth_redirect') ) :
/**
* Checks if a user is logged in, if not it redirects them to the login page.
* @since 1.5.0
*/

Well that particular error doesn't touch any XF code as far as I can see. You will certainly need to contact the author but basically it doesn't appear as though downgrading to 1.5.1 would even help. We didn't change anything major and this code seems to be exclusively inside WP.

Well that particular error doesn't touch any XF code as far as I can see. You will certainly need to contact the author but basically it doesn't appear as though downgrading to 1.5.1 would even help. We didn't change anything major and this code seems to be exclusively inside WP.

Thank you! This goes for both the errors I get?

Top Bottom