XF 2.0 Is there any "easy" way to merge two xenforo systems together...? ((forums/members))

Chernabog

I am acquiring someones 'business' I guess you could say, or at least bringing it in under my 'umbrella' -- bottom line is we both run XF systems, but to create ONE community I want to merge in their users and ideally forums/messages into our XenForo installation.

Is that even a possible idea? Is there some way to do that or an XF vendor that offers that type of assistance?

Thanks!

Chernabog

There is an XF to XF importer available as an add-on you can download from your customer area.
I probably should look at it first before even asking you -- but does it allow you to kinda control what you are importing, so as not to create too much of a mess from two different communities?

Other than that let me ask to anyone and everyone who may have a solution to this idea... is there a way to "bridge" two separate communities so that it is more of a SSO solution, if that makes sense?

Movie Prop Sites

I probably should look at it first before even asking you -- but does it allow you to kinda control what you are importing, so as not to create too much of a mess from two different communities?

Other than that let me ask to anyone and everyone who may have a solution to this idea... is there a way to "bridge" two separate communities so that it is more of a SSO solution, if that makes sense?
Chernabog, were you able to successfully import one community into the other?

titocento

Interested into that too @Chernabog , how was your experience merging the two communities?

did you made the 301 redirects by hand?

did you merge one into the other or you made a third one that merged two of them?

Regards,