XF 2.0 Is there any "easy" way to merge two xenforo systems together...? ((forums/members))

Chernabog

I am acquiring someones 'business' I guess you could say, or at least bringing it in under my 'umbrella' -- bottom line is we both run XF systems, but to create ONE community I want to merge in their users and ideally forums/messages into our XenForo installation.

Is that even a possible idea? Is there some way to do that or an XF vendor that offers that type of assistance?

Thanks!

There is an XF to XF importer available as an add-on you can download from your customer area.

I probably should look at it first before even asking you -- but does it allow you to kinda control what you are importing, so as not to create too much of a mess from two different communities?

Other than that let me ask to anyone and everyone who may have a solution to this idea... is there a way to "bridge" two separate communities so that it is more of a SSO solution, if that makes sense?

I probably should look at it first before even asking you -- but does it allow you to kinda control what you are importing, so as not to create too much of a mess from two different communities?

Other than that let me ask to anyone and everyone who may have a solution to this idea... is there a way to "bridge" two separate communities so that it is more of a SSO solution, if that makes sense?

Chernabog, were you able to successfully import one community into the other?

Interested into that too @Chernabog , how was your experience merging the two communities?

did you made the 301 redirects by hand?

did you merge one into the other or you made a third one that merged two of them?

Regards,

Is there documentation I can read about this? One of the concerns is what happens with users that have accounts on both forums. I have other questions too since this is a pretty major undertaking.

If the email address or user name is the same on both forums, you will be prompted to merge the accounts, or rename one of them.

Other than that, it's a standard import into an existing forum.

Thanks, @Brogan. A couple more questions. To merge a phpBB forum into an existing (i.e. non-empty) XenForo forum, does it need to be done in two steps (phpbb to an empty XenForo installation, then XF to XF import) or can you just do phpBB to XF?

Also, this here says the phpBB 3.2 importer is in Beta. Does that mean only the 3.2 version is in beta or all versions of phpBB importers are in beta? If I were to import from phpBB 3.0, for example, would that also be a Beta and potentially buggy?

wp5gJlj.png

You import directly into the existing XF forum.

The phpBB importer is currently beta status but many customers have used it.

Importing from 3.0 may work but our advice would be to upgrade to phpBB 3.2 and then import.

Top Bottom