1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an easy way to translate an addon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Sep 8, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Is there an easier way to translate an addon? Do I really have to look through every single file, copy a word or sentence, paste it in Google Translate, then copy the translation then paste it back into the file replacing the original foreign language, for every instance that it's used in the addon?

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

It becomes even more time consuming if you have any flash media in that. (assuming I know which one you're talking about)

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I downloaded trillix for that part. http://blog.eltima.com/2007/10/how-to-extract-swf-elements.html

But there's actually a ton of php files that need to be translated as well. I'm curious at how long it will take. I saw hundreds of files.

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Oh whoever translated this from Chinese to Vietnamese did not even fully translate it. Just changed a chinese character into the word chicken.

Sador likes this.
  5. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

that made me laugh.

8thos likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

It's a lot of work. I started to look into this myself.

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah it's funny because when I see Chinese characters, I assume one character is a letter, but noooo it's actually either a word and two characters together mean a full sentence.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I wish this was out when Farmville was actually popular.

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Next time your at a Chinese food restaurant and you see 猫 on the menu, don't order it.

Adam Howard likes this.
  10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Please don't harm the 孔雀崽

[​IMG]

Adam Howard likes this.
  11. Adam Howard

:ROFLMAO: