XF 2.1 Is there an easy way to let moderators change users passwords without granting them admin-permission

Thanks, Ozzy :) what would be the best way to approach that? I don't have the time to visit my forum that often lately, that's why I need my moderators to have permission for that. Is it possible to add them to the admin usergroup and just give them that single permission in the ACP?

In ACP > Groups & Permissions > Staff > Administrators > Add an administrator
You can set many options here for a basic administrator, maybe if you check only Manage users and moderatos it will be ok to manage passwords

Sadly, none of these suggestions really helped, since I don't want them to be able to manage moderators and usergroups in general. I guess, I need to do that stuff myself. Thanks for your help though, guys :)

Upgrade to XFG 2.2 and users can change their usernames themselves. As the admin, you can set the options for this to limit how often and/or how many times members can do this, and you can require approval of all name changes (i.e., changes are sent to the approval queue). Then all you have to do is check the permissions box to let moderators approve name changes. (The history of previous names is saved by the way.)

D'oh! Once again, answering a question that wasn't asked.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks @Ozzy47 and @Brogan 😊

Last edited:
Upgrade to XFG 2.2 and users can change their usernames themselves. As the admin, you can set the options for this to limit how often and/or how many times members can do this, and you can require approval of all name changes (i.e., changes are sent to the approval queue). Then all you have to do is check the permissions box to let moderators approve name changes. (The history of previous names is saved by the way.)

This is about passwords, not usernames. ;)

Top Bottom