XF 2.2 Is there a way to enable push notifications but not have it automatically annoy everyone?

Feanor

I like the idea of allowing users to opt-in to the push notifications, but the automatic pop-up asking for permissions as soon as it's enabled is annoying. Can that be removed? Am I missing something? Ideally, the user would be able to decide on their own and enable it in preferences without being bothered. Other optional settings don't typically annoy the users like this, so why does this one?

This is the template: notice_enable_push

removing this should do it:

Code:
<div data-xf-init="push-cta">
    <div class="u-alignCenter">
        <div class="js-initialMessage">
            {{ phrase('x_would_like_your_permission_to_enable_push_notifications', {'boardTitle': $xf.options.boardTitle, 'link': link('account/preferences')}) }}
        </div>
        <div class="js-dismissMessage" style="display: none">
            {{ phrase('we_strongly_recommend_enabling_push_notifications') }}
            <ul class="listInline listInline--bullet" style="margin-top: 5px">
                <li><a href="{{ link('account/preferences') }}" class="js-enablePushLink">{{ phrase('enable_notifications') }}</a></li>
                <li><a href="javascript:" class="js-dismissTemp">{{ phrase('ask_me_another_time') }}</a></li>
                <li><a href="javascript:" class="js-dismissPerm">{{ phrase('never_ask_again') }}</a></li>
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Or else a template modification

Top Bottom