XF 2.2 is there a way for a user to subscibe ALL forums, or at least to subscribe all foruns in a category?

Joao Prates

One of our moderators wants to keep a closer eye on the new threads on all forums, and has asked me if there is a way to subscribe to new and existing threads on all forums.

What seemed like a straight "just go to your account preferences" soon came as "there is no way to do that", except if done manually forum by forum.

Am I missing something and there is a feature for this already that I cannot find, or is it really missing?

From my pov a setting to "watch it all" is pretty basic and should be there on all forum software, so most probably I'm not seeing it there but it exists.

Can anyone assist please?

OK, I'll create it ASAP.

Meanwhile, is someone reading this that can let me know if as a workaround it is possible to directly insert user subscription rows in some db table?

He wants to get it on his email to read offline at the end of the day.
so, email notifications... he could probably use rss feed with some rss reader, that fetch feeds for later offline reading.
but I'm not sure because never tried...
offline... do such places still exist? )

In my case it was because both I and my moderators wanted email notifications of all posts in all forums. Simple as that.

that actually triggered another thought. what if forum members could reply to posts, by replying to email notifications from mailbox? would it increase the action on a forum?
when I open a support ticket on any site, I can further communicate from that ticket page on a site or from my email box. I always use the second option.
what do you think?

Hi
You might like this add-on:
The way I see it there are two problems with it:
1) I would get the same notifications as I am also part of staff, and I don't want to, as well as other mods don't as well;
2) I would get duplicate messages, one from the add-on and another from XF as the regular one, if I subscribed the topic/forum already.

Thanks, but not interested.

@AndyB thanks for your suggestion and conversation message.

I was about to give it a try when I noticed I had to pay $35 for something I consider a basic functionality that even our old Community Server from Telligent had in place some 15 years ago.

"Subscribe all" should be a basic feature available to all users IMHO.

If you'd like to have it as well, I kindly invite you to upvote the suggestion here.

Cheers,

Top Bottom