1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 How to remove category "bar" if all forums are in root?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Forumer, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Forumer

Forumer Member

I realized all of the forum nodes I added were in the main category, so it made sense to move them to root and eliminate the main category (since it served no purpose). However, the peach bar that previously contained the category name still appears, though now it's empty (see attached). Can you please tell me I can remove it? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. What do you mean "title or color" would to remove?
  3. Forumer

Forumer Member

Hi Sakata Gintoki, did you see the image I attached? There is just an empty bar above the forum list where the category name would have been if the forums were children of a category instead of root. I may have to move everything back under a category after all since I've just discovered sub forums (child forums of forums) don't display properly in the node list unless the parent forum is a child of a category.
  4. Appearance > Your Style > Style Properties > Forum / Node List

Enable, Show Forum Descriptions on Node List & Show sub-forums popup
  5. Forumer

Forumer Member

Thanks, but there's nothing about whether to show empty category title bars listed in the options there.
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

See the node_forum_level_2 template and this code specifically:
    <xen:if is="{$level} == 1"><div class="categoryStrip subHeading"></div></xen:if>
    Sakata Gintoki likes this.