XF 1.5 Is there a resource with instructions for updating to the latest version?

jr777

I've never done a xenforo update before. Is there a guide somewhere explaining how to go about doing that?

There's 6 pages of open bug reports:
https://xenforo.com/community/forums/bug-reports-2-x.91/

Far from stable, but not bad. At this point we would only recommend using it for testing and planning purposes. Upgrading live sites (although some have already done that) wouldn't be recommended until stable (or at a push, release candidate stage).

Can't stress enough: if you try it, please do it under test conditions, not on a live site, and either way make lots of backups etc...

There's 6 pages of open bug reports:
https://xenforo.com/community/forums/bug-reports-2-x.91/

Far from stable, but not bad. At this point we would only recommend using it for testing and planning purposes. Upgrading live sites (although some have already done that) wouldn't be recommended until stable (or at a push, release candidate stage).

Can't stress enough: if you try it, please do it under test conditions, not on a live site, and either way make lots of backups etc...

Well, I couldn't resist. My forum isn't very big, so I don't mind being a test subject. If it's good enough for here, then I'm sure it's good enough for me.

On the style, I noticed there isn't a new one. Does it just use the default 1.5 style? Will there be a default 2.0 style available soon?

You've never been able to do that while deleting the node - maybe you had an add-on for that. You do get an option to move child nodes to another node when you're deleting a node, so maybe you're thinking of that.

The recommended approach is to use the "Batch update threads" page under the "Forums" menu in the Admin CP.

You've never been able to do that while deleting the node - maybe you had an add-on for that. You do get an option to move child nodes to another node when you're deleting a node, so maybe you're thinking of that.

The recommended approach is to use the "Batch update threads" page under the "Forums" menu in the Admin CP.

I was probably getting it confused with phpBB. The batch update works almost as well though.

But for the love of all that is good and holy, please, please, please add drag and drop to the node list for the official release of 2.0. It is a MAJOR downer having to order them manually, and an even bigger downer having to pay for a plugin to do it.

Top Bottom