Is there a post from Kier...

No ... seriously !!
The trophy point is great .. but I think a ratio of likes/posts reflects a better assessment of members.

someone who has 300 likes on 100 posts is arguably more popular than another member with 600 likes on 2000 posts :D

This thread is not useless after all :D

Reading through this thread popped an old thought in my head up again.....

I'm not against having a helpful system or a relevance value system of 0-5 stars or something along the lines.

My reasoning that led me to think of this comes from liking posts that didn't necessarily relate to a thread (outside of the off topic section of course where my imagination does not display these value systems ) and feeling a little rude for liking off-topical posts in a solid thread. The like was appropriate in these cases but it still leaves something out. A reward-ish type system for visitors who post solid information or thoughts in relation to the thread title or topic either directly or in a manner of support, and with distinction from a general like which since open to interpretation is a system that can be skewed by popularity.

The like feature is open to interpetation and great for whatever reason a member feels deserve a like merit, whereas rating a post value for it's content in relation to the thread topically speaking can also display an equally valuable piece of information to a browsing user.

Wait a minute, the theme of this thread should have been....

Are there any Kier posts that you like, if so please link to it......

Then we could all enjoy revisiting that dry British humor once again.

Actually, we don't really care that you say it wrong. ;)
HA! It's not the sarcasm I was looking for but I'll take the truth as a replacement value. :)

But truthfully as an American I must say we speak English, but that means we speak a lingo derived from England so technically speaking I'm not really in a position to argue. Over here we speak 'Ang-lish' :-)

HA! It's not the sarcasm I was looking for but I'll take the truth as a replacement value. :)

But truthfully as an American I must say we speak English, but that means we speak a lingo derived from England so technically speaking I'm not really in a position to argue. Over here we speak 'Ang-lish' :)

oh ppfffftttt... we say our words the same way as them. All we did was remove unnecessary letters in our spelling - i.e. humour, neighbour, etc.
Most of us speak perfectly acceptable english.

hhehehehe sorry Peggy this thread has been a labour of love.
well Ill say this....one time a friend of mine back in the day had said to me in his own dialect that he was going to smoke a cigarette....well what I heard made me question of what I thought I had known of him up to that point suffice it say. We use the same words yes and though said only slightly differently sometimes they have two completely different meaning and are used in different places. For the record saying his slang word for a square (cigarette) could get you arrested here as It can be considered derogatory.

Top Bottom