• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Is it possible for users to let choose "Messages per page"?

markku

I mean in the ACP -> Options -> Messages -> "Messages Per Page".
And Options -> Threads, Discussions, Conversations -> "Discussions Per Page"

I would like for my users to have these settings available to them in their profile settings.

Just like in vBulletin you can have.

Is this possible?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
That is not an option in XenForo. I can't find the post, but I am pretty sure this is intentional so as to keep the page links consistent within a thread.

markku

That is not an option in XenForo. I can't find the post, but I am pretty sure this is intentional so as to keep the page links consistent within a thread.
How many times do you link to a specific page within a thread?

Well.. how many times do you link to a specific post within a thread?

I myself do the latter quite more often, I don't even remember the last time I linked to a specific page within a thread. And those links to specific posts work fine even when users have different "messages per thread" settings.

I don't like that it's not an option; it should be. By default off, but should be an option.

Onimua

Could a moderator please move this thread to the suggestion forum, or should I create a new one myself?
Whenever you want a thread of yours moved or something, you could always report it. :) That'll get their attention right away and Brogan will likely move it faster than should be considered humanly possible.

petertdavis

Just had a request for this feature from a member on my forums and thought I'd bump this to see if it might be considered for XF 2.0.