1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible for users to let choose "Messages per page"?

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by markku, Apr 4, 2011.

1. markku

markku Well-Known Member

I mean in the ACP -> Options -> Messages -> "Messages Per Page".
    And Options -> Threads, Discussions, Conversations -> "Discussions Per Page"

I would like for my users to have these settings available to them in their profile settings.

Just like in vBulletin you can have.

Is this possible?
    jauburn, Thelo, Alien and 3 others like this.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is not an option in XenForo. I can't find the post, but I am pretty sure this is intentional so as to keep the page links consistent within a thread.
  3. markku

markku Well-Known Member

How many times do you link to a specific page within a thread?

Well.. how many times do you link to a specific post within a thread?

I myself do the latter quite more often, I don't even remember the last time I linked to a specific page within a thread. And those links to specific posts work fine even when users have different "messages per thread" settings.

I don't like that it's not an option; it should be. By default off, but should be an option.
  4. markku

markku Well-Known Member

Could a moderator please move this thread to the suggestion forum, or should I create a new one myself?
  5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Whenever you want a thread of yours moved or something, you could always report it. :) That'll get their attention right away and Brogan will likely move it faster than should be considered humanly possible.
    Brogan likes this.
  6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

And what Onimua said :)
  7. Zak Smith

Zak Smith Member

This is a good feature. Enforcing some sort of ideal policy does not necessarily help admins or users.
  8. petertdavis

petertdavis Well-Known Member

Just had a request for this feature from a member on my forums and thought I'd bump this to see if it might be considered for XF 2.0.
  9. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

10. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

+1 on this feature request.