Is it just me, or do we all here feel as though we're actually being listened to.

TNCclubman

I feel as though we're part of the shaping of xenforo and Kier and the boys/girls are actually listening to all our tidbits as if we're in some giant round table meeting of brainstorming ideas.

I really feel like part of the family.

No other software management team has ever made me feel this way. Good job guys.

That's what I was talking about in my thread. But yes, I also feel like we're being listened to and are helping in shaping XenForo. I wish all forum software did this - they'd all be much better off if they listened to their soon-to-be-customers/customers. In the long run, it will pay off, and thus, XF will be around for a very long time if Mike and Kier keep this listening up.

Nope, I get that feeling. Large part of it is the owners/developers are listening. More importantly, they are responding, even more importantly they are providing an atmosphere and conveying they are not pompus people who think they are head and shoulders above the rest and this passes down to the community. Heck, I don't think I've used the word "community" in 6-7 years.

The close nit community (there I go again) enduces dialogue, brainstorming, productivity and this can only be good for both camps. Devs and members a family not us vs them. Anyway, If i type anymore I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight. :D

Can't be stated enough, great work not only to the devs but to the community. I'm outta here.

I think suggestions and feedback are being taken into consideration so quickly because this software still isn't at a 1.0 release yet. I think once it's more stable and more proven, the rate that we actually see suggestions and feedback will slow down.

Nope, I get that feeling. Large part of it is the owners/developers are listening. More importantly, they are responding, even more importantly they are providing an atmosphere and conveying they are not pompus people who think they are head and shoulders above the rest and this passes down to the community. Heck, I don't think I've used the word "community" in 6-7 years.

The close nit community (there I go again) enduces dialogue, brainstorming, productivity and this can only be good for both camps. Devs and members a family not us vs them. Anyway, If i type anymore I'll be crying myself to sleep tonight. :D

Can't be stated enough, great work not only to the devs but to the community. I'm outta here.

applause.gif

I think suggestions and feedback are being taken into consideration so quickly because this software still isn't at a 1.0 release yet. I think once it's more stable and more proven, the rate that we actually see suggestions and feedback will slow down.

Well, it only stands to reason that the busier the place gets, and the more developement goes forward, the less we might see them in the forums. Maybe!
But I highly doubt that their taking our suggestions into consideration will change at all.

So far I am beyond impressed with the amount Kier and Mike have engaged themselves. They are earning loyal customers even a week into the launch of xF. I know I'm one!

So far I am beyond impressed with the amount Kier and Mike have engaged themselves. They are earning loyal customers even a week into the launch of xF. I know I'm one!

Kier and Mike working on a new piece of forum software earned them loyal customers before anything was shown, they were well respected devs in the vB community

Not wanting to stand out infront of what is a great community but I would like to point out that this is exactly how VB started out. So much interaction with Customers and the developers etc. The difference is that Mike and Kier (sod alphabetical order) are in control of the company and the development. As long as they stay in touch with their customers (including potential) then this place is going to go from strong to stronger.

The only thing I would point critiscm at is that Ashley needs to be more in "our faces" and let the masterminds get on and enable us to spend our money.

Not wanting to stand out infront of what is a great community but I would like to point out that this is exactly how VB started out. So much interaction with Customers and the developers etc. The difference is that Mike and Kier (sod alphabetical order) are in control of the company and the development. As long as they stay in touch with their customers (including potential) then this place is going to go from strong to stronger.

The only thing I would point critiscm at is that Ashley needs to be more in "our faces" and let the masterminds get on and enable us to spend our money.

Matt & charles from IPB are a prime example of two owners who have maintained interaction and dialogue with their customers. I could not speak highly enough of these two and I think this is down to they don't have to answer to the executives/owners. They can be straight forward and honest not hiding behind the poor decisions that the money cats make but they would have otherwise need to (how can I put it) BS there customers by deploying tactics that give customers next to no info resulting in broken down communication, dialogue, promises etc.

Same rule with Kier and mike. They are the owners this time around. They are the developers. It's in their hands and I personally think they will maintain a healthy strong relationship with their customers. Afterall, happy devs and team can naturally bond with their customers, just like IPB (matt and charles) and it doesn't feel fake when they do. That's the way I see it. it worked for matt and charles and I'm sure it will work for Kier and mike it's in their best interests.

Ps. I talk too much.

Top Bottom