Fixed ironic bug - thread counter off in bug report

It's something I've seen a bunch but I've yet to figure out the cause. I've fixed it various times before by rebuilding the forum cache.
Unfortunately, I haven't had luck reproducing this locally yet with moves, deletes and other tasks.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ironic-bug-thread-counter-off-in-bug-report.57638/#post-614636

The counter at the bottom excludes stickies. At the current moment, the forum counter is correct.

So does this happen here on XenForo.com as well?

If not and this is only happening else where...... I'm wondering if maybe this is happening on site who did not do fresh install, but rather imports.

Just a crazy theory / thought

Yes it happens here. That's what this bug report is about. So, no, not related to Imports.

I assumed it would be something to do with the fact that this forum constantly has stuff being moved from it but I can't reproduce it myself, either. Nor can I see anywhere in the code where this can go wrong.

Yes it happens here. That's what this bug report is about. So, no, not related to Imports.

I assumed it would be something to do with the fact that this forum constantly has stuff being moved from it but I can't reproduce it myself, either. Nor can I see anywhere in the code where this can go wrong.
I admit to not exactly paying closer attention to the screen shot (had I done so I would have notice the small fine print with Mike's name in the replies).

So finally managed to reproduce this and fix it. The prerequisites were:
  • Thread is moderated
  • Spam cleaner is set to move threads to a forum
  • Spam cleaner is then used and moves that thread
In this situation, we approve the thread when we move it (so it doesn't stay in the mod queue). The code was treating the "delete" from the old forum as a delete on a visible thread because we were updating the visibility simultaneously.

Last edited:
And that means 1.2.2 is now ready for tomorrow, as always Tuesday, exciting release.... jk.. but awesome that you narrowed it down to that.

Top Bottom