IQnection Acquires xFhost.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

kprojects

(Mods - Please move to another area if this is not an ok spot for an announcement - Thanks!)

DOYLESTOWN, PA, Dec 26th, 2013 - IQnection Internet Services, Inc, an Internet Hosting company in Doylestown, PA, today has announced its acquisition of xFhost.net, a popular XenForo hosting company.

xFhost.net was started in late 2012. Since then, it has grown to be one of the Internet’s premier hosting companies for clients building communities with the XenForo software. xFhost.net is one of the only hosting companies that INCLUDES varied 3rd party (XenForo) support with their hosting plans. They have also received an abundance of positive testimonials from their clients on popular XenForo communities around the Internet.

Greg Cawood, IQnection’s President, is excited about the acquisition. “We’ve been following XenForo’s accomplishments in the online community realm for quite some time” he states. “We currently use xenForo on Linux.org, which receives close to a million visitors each month”.

“IQnection is dedicated to bringing xFhost.net clients support from our world class technicians. I think bringing xFhost.net onboard is a great addition to our ‘Managed’ hosting through IQnection.com, our ‘DIY’ shared hosting through LinuxPowerHosting.com and our ‘Linux Hosting Support’ through Linux911.net.”

Mike Edge (@Mike Edge), the founder of xFhost.net has been hired by IQnection to oversee the day to day operations of xFhost.net and to also help support IQnection’s current clientele.

About IQnection: IQnection is a web hosting, design, and marketing company located in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, just north of Philadelphia. IQnection began in 2000 developed by entrepreneurs Greg Cawood and Bob Campbell, two businessmen committed to developing and maintaining innovative, intelligent connections for clients to the Internet.

Last edited:
Interesting!! Moving to a more optimized hosting solution is definitely something i will be looking into come 2014..

VonDoom - Great to hear. The servers Mike uses for hosting the XenForo sites are pretty beefy, and great for most sites - even large communities, but this will also provide a stepping stone to those clients that want or need their own server.

what does this mean for the customers? hope my tickets will be answered now....

Sorry, there was a mix up with WHMCS licensing the last few days and the license showing invalid, not allowing access to the Admin area. As you know from PMing me, your PMs here have always been answered quickly.

Sorry, there was a mix up with WHMCS licensing the last few days and the license showing invalid, not allowing access to the Admin area. As you know from PMing me, your PMs here have always been answered quickly.

Hope it gets sorted my site launches in 5 days and I have already come to the conclusion that not having service over the last 6 that I definitely won't have time to test meaning I can't use you anyways.

you might wanna check your inbox (PM) here again, then..

Good to know you weren't ignoring me deliberately.. i hope the WHMCS license issue will be fixed soon.... and the new management will be "cool"

Anyone looking at the official logo would be confused. Don't worry about it. Not sure why a big deal was made of it.
Agreed... the "F" is the only uppercase letter in the set of the logo, leading a literate reader to believe that it's the only uppercase letter in the name. I have always assumed it was xenForo based upon the logo. The software company name (in the copyright) on the other hand is XenForo Ltd. - so, guess we need to go with the copyright and not the logo. :D

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing tbh. I mean it's great to grow popularity to the point where people want to buy you out and I hope you made some nice money from the sale, but on the other hand does this mean better or worse for the actual customer? I guess time will tell.

Good. Xenforo needs a Xenforo equivalent too... my first host. Which I can't remember the name at the moment. But they hosted me when I was on vBulletin and were mostly a vBulletin hosting company. Man I can't remember. @Mike Edge knows.

Edit: I remember now. urljet. Xenforo needs a hosting equivalent to urljet. xfhost should be what urljet is to vbulletin, basically, but better.

Can't say I'm surprised, I think you were in a bit over your head, but you did your best.

I just hope the current clients get treated well by the new host.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom