xFHost.net

Addon number is relevant if you have a lot of addons that are hitting your database alot. This is what Biker told me last month and after doing some experimenting he was right.

Number itself is irrelevant. You can have 2000 addons that do almost nothing. You can have 2 addons that kill your database under high traffic.

As I said, it's more what they are doing, how those addons interact with each other ,what SQL queries they're adding and how those queries scale with traffic.

Obviously if you have a lot, there's more chance that the queries will add up and cause problems but it's not necessarily the case.

Xenforo is awesome man. What forum software are you coming from?

BTW Here's a review of XFHost.net http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfhost-me-web-host-review.44785/

That review was accurate "at the time" I don't know what xFHost is like now you'd have to ask someone else.

I'm coming from vBulletin. While XenForo lacks some of vBulletin's features, I really feel this is the way to go :P

Yep, I had a read of that and also saw mentions of xfhost all throughout this section. Just wanted to get some more opinions haha. I put an order in a few hours ago and it's still pending so yeah, gutted. Wanted to get things running today.

I'm coming from vBulletin. While XenForo lacks some of vBulletin's features, I really feel this is the way to go :p

Yep, I had a read of that and also saw mentions of xfhost all throughout this section. Just wanted to get some more opinions haha. I put an order in a few hours ago and it's still pending so yeah, gutted. Wanted to get things running today.
Were you using vBulletin 3, 4 or 5?

I'm coming from vBulletin. While XenForo lacks some of vBulletin's features, I really feel this is the way to go :p

Sorry about that, If you look there is also a thread today creating wishing me a happy birthday. Wife had plans for me all afternoon, just getting home and settling up on things. I'll get you your set up information with in the hour. Normally it is instant set up, but it appears Maxmind flagged your account, so I will need to manually over ride it, since you are a member of the community, I have no reason to believe it's fraud like Maxmind flagged it as.

Were you using vBulletin 3, 4 or 5?

I've used all three :) Mainly my forums would use vBulletin 4, but then there wasn't an upgrade in months and there were plaguing issues that weren't dealt with so I decided to test the water with a smaller community on XenForo and if all is well, move the larger sites to the side with greener grass ;)

Sorry about that, If you look there is also a thread today creating wishing me a happy birthday. Wife had plans for me all afternoon, just getting home and settling up on things. I'll get you your set up information with in the hour. Normally it is instant set up, but it appears Maxmind flagged your account, so I will need to manually over ride it, since you are a member of the community, I have no reason to believe it's fraud like Maxmind flagged it as.

No problem sir, I'm delighted you've assured me like so. I hope I didn't come off as being impatient and thank you for your help. I hope you have a great birthday!

I've used all three :) Mainly my forums would use vBulletin 4, but then there wasn't an upgrade in months and there were plaguing issues that weren't dealt with so I decided to test the water with a smaller community on XenForo and if all is well, move the larger sites to the side with greener grass ;)
vBulletin 4 is great but yeah the updates can be a pain. What did you think of vBulletin 5?

I was looking forward to it, won't deny it but I was disappointed with alpha, beta and then the actual release. So i was disappointed to say the least. Happy with XenForo so far though so it's all gravy ;)

Top Bottom