IQnection Acquires xFhost.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I'm surprised, I think you were in a bit over your head, but you did your best.

I just hope the current clients get treated well by the new host.
Bingo. This happens way too often. One man band operations rarely work out when it comes to hosting. Its simply not possible to provide a good level of service if you, or someone capable isn't there to run the place 24/7/365.

It would have been nice for an email to be sent to the current clients of XFhost..I found out the company had been sold by my forum suspension for unpaid invoices that I never received.

Nice welcome! I would not have even seen this thread and still would not have known, if Mike had not let me know. Not what I expect of any hosting company - sorry!

It would have been nice for an email to be sent to the current clients of XFhost..I found out the company had been sold by my forum suspension for unpaid invoices that I never received.

Nice welcome! I would not have even seen this thread and still would not have known, if Mike had not let me know. Not what I expect of any hosting company - sorry!

tekgirl,

Please accept my apology. This is not how we run our hosting company. The billing software was not configured correctly and it was not automatically generating invoices. Once I fixed it, it shot out invoices to everyone and suspended some accounts. This isn't something you did at all, but how the software was misconfigured.

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Rob

Hmm... Mike supplied me with a site, that I use as a test-bed for my XF addons... I don't pay anything...

What will become of me?

Hmm... Mike supplied me with a site, that I use as a test-bed for my XF addons... I don't pay anything...

What will become of me?
Jaxel,

Shoot me an email w/ the site details - I'll check into it for you - likely nothing will change.

Thanks!
Rob

What will become of me?

Hi Jaxel, That was a gift from me to you. Your test bed is on my personal server, so the changes at xF Host have no effect on that. Anyway, it's new years eve, so everyone have a good one and be safe!

Hi thanks for the reply back and love to see better faster support to be added, I think I speak for everyone when I say can we get a price range? xD Other than that it seems to be all what we wanted to know and by any chance will there be any online jobs available like ticket support/live chat?

They apparently do Xenforo hosting as well but a bit pricey. Not bad but a bit pricy.

Been with urljet for 3 years, wouldn't think of going anywhere else, any tickets I have submitted have been answered and then the matter solved within an hr. No downtime,

Price is a bit higher than most, totally agree, but then again I get what I pay for, all I can ask,

Well, this is going well, so far...my forum is down and so is the host's website, so I cannot even submit a ticket...time to move on...

It's back up - Sorry about that - looks like the my.cnf file (mysql config file) had a typo in it and when the server restarted mysql around midnight, it couldn't start back up. I fixed the typo and restarted MySQL.

Rob

It's back up - Sorry about that - looks like the my.cnf file (mysql config file) had a typo in it and when the server restarted mysql around midnight, it couldn't start back up. I fixed the typo and restarted MySQL.

Rob
Can you please also be so kind as to double check all the permission / owner settings on all files on all accounts. This is something that I keep running into.

Thank you in advance & Happy New Year. :)

Screenshot from 2014-01-01 10:17:08.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom