XF 1.2 IP's being banned?

TDUBS

Hello,

The main owner of my forums / super admin has said his account is IP banned. I've checked the IP ban logs and it's not there. Also, another user has come to me as well saying he's been IP banned but there's no banned IP's.

Thanks!

They can access the forums and stuff, but when they login, it says:

0bjl87rl

If they only (and consistently) get that after logging in, then it sounds like there's an add-on at play.

However, if you are behind a reverse proxy system (such as CloudFlare) and you haven't applied patches to have XF use the real IP, it sounds like you've likely banned a proxy IP and some users are randomly (or not so randomly) using that IP.

If they only (and consistently) get that after logging in, then it sounds like there's an add-on at play.

However, if you are behind a reverse proxy system (such as CloudFlare) and you haven't applied patches to have XF use the real IP, it sounds like you've likely banned a proxy IP and some users are randomly (or not so randomly) using that IP.

This sounds about right. How would I go about figure out which addon might be causing this? Also, where are these patches located or are they included in the latest XF?

Top Bottom