XF 1.4 IPhone image issues

dwooding

Having issues viewing images that are:

(1) uploaded from the desktop then viewed on the iphone
2015-02-17_18-27-07.webp

(2) uploaded from the iphone then viewed on the desktop

2015-02-17_18-33-04.webp

When I add an image using the upload feature from one device and view on another device, the image does not render on the other device, ex - upload on a mac, view on an iphone.

Version 1.4.4 is installed recently as a new install - no content, no users; then imported VBulletin 4.x content over.

What I am showing is newly uploaded images, after importing VBulletin content.

No custom styles, tweeked the default.

Have addons: Tapatalk 2.3.8, Wistia Bbcode MediaSite 1.5.0.00

Have not testing Android devices, Windows or any other combination. Am not using Tapatalk when uploading images on the phone.

No server error logs reported.

Multiple people have reported this as an issue.

I tested these scenarios on another installation on another server and the images display properly (version 1.4.2, with addons Audio 1.1, Notes as Tabs 1.2.2, Wistia Bbcode MediaSite 1.0.0.00).

Any ideas on what to look at - server issue? Otherwise, I'll start by removing the addons and start debugging.

Thanks.

Dave

The Board URL in the ACP has nothing to do with displaying attachments in posts.

Are you sure you moved the /data and /internal_data directories across?

If so, check the permissions and ownership on both.

Can you also provide the URL so that we can see each of those images in context? The specific manner of embedding them is likely relevant.

>> Are you sure you moved the /data and /internal_data directories across?

Apparently not. I set the forum up on 8 Feb 2015 in the "members1" directory, went live in the "members" directory on 9 Feb 2015.

http://www.screencast.com/t/uRUJc05E9

Screenshot shows that up until 8 Feb, both directories have the same images (up to image 149-*), then images 150-173, 178-180 were added to the old members1 directory, images 174-177, 181 were added to the new members directory starting yesterday when I started working on this.

I am assuming I would copy images 150-173, 178-190 from the old /public_html/members1/data/attachments/0 directory to the new /public_html/members/data/attachments/0??? EDIT: And the equivalent *.data files from the old public_html/members1/internal_data/attachments/0 directory???

>> If so, check the permissions and ownership on both.

Permissions are 777 for the data and data_internal directories. Not sure about ownership, but since I used the copy function in CPanel I am assuming the proper ownership.

>> Can you also provide the URL so that we can see each of those images in context? The specific manner of embedding them is likely relevant.

Unfortunately not, this is someone else's private, paid membership, permissions are set such that guests can not view the forum.

Last edited:
I am assuming I would copy images 150-173, 178-190 from the old /public_html/members1/data/attachments/0 directory to the new /public_html/members/data/attachments/0??? EDIT: And the equivalent *.data files from the old public_html/members1/internal_data/attachments/0 directory???
Synchronizing them should work.

It sounds like you have 2 sets of files pointed at the same database. This would have them using separate data and internal_data directories. Best to remove the wrong set of files to ensure that doesn't happen.

Top Bottom