iPhone emails

Morgain

I find I'm nowadays infested with emails arriving from my staff or students with no Subject line, and no name added after the one line message clearly banged off like a phone txt message.

I don't have an iPhone or any other gadget which sends emails. All my emails are done via laptop or desktop. So I don't understand the other end experience on this.

Is it difficult to add a Subject line on gadgets?
If I knew what was involved I could rebuke and advise more effectively.
I do find this laziness a growing nuisance. It's difficult to handle a lot of email threads with blank Subject lines - I rely on it to triage priority to open and read/ action;
and looking up the email address to see who this contact is, is a real pain waste of my time.

iPhone (inbuilt or Gmail app) is same as email clients - a line/field under To/CC and before the body area to enter a subject line. If it's not being entered, the author is being lazy. I have a rule on my GMail to auto-respond to emails without a subject advising sender to send again, and the email is auto moved to trash.

In agreement with the above poster, but let me add this:

If people send messages via the SMS/MMS function, the subject line can be disabled and thus not entered on each message. It's an option that can be turned on/off via the settings. I think by default, it's turned off IIRC.

Regular POP/IMAP email via the regular mail client has a subject line and if it's not used, they are just being lazy in that case.

I use the Mailbox App for iPhone now so I can't recall... but isn't it also true that if you try and send an email without a subject on the default iPhone Mail app that it alerts you?

I use the Mailbox App for iPhone now so I can't recall... but isn't it also true that if you try and send an email without a subject on the default iPhone Mail app that it alerts you?

Yes, it does. A pop-up saying "Empty Subject" shows and basically says "This message has no subject....." You then can hit cancel to go back or choose send to finish sending the message without a subject.

Top Bottom