XF 1.1 IPB Import - Server error

guvner

Hi guys - first post, pity it's an error that I can't figure out.

I have an IPB forum that was VB 4x until January 2011.

I was hoping to let my staff and myself give XF a thorough workout by importing my IPB database (325,000 posts & 85,000 members) into a test installation in a sub folder on my forum's domain.

Problem is the import is stalling quite early on at the "Import Custom User Fields" point. The error I'm seeing is:

Server Error

Undefined offset: 1

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Importer/IPBoard.php at line 665
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->_convertUserFieldChoices() in XenForo/Importer/IPBoard.php at line 589
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->stepUserFields() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/xfdev/admin.php at line 13

Having researched similar errors here I've double checked folder permissions and both data and internal_data are set to 777.

Jake mentioned in another thread it might be an account ownership issue, since I'm on a dedicated server and the original conversion required some custom work and as a result was done by IPB staff, I guess it's possible that ownership of the account was changed and I'm not aware of it, but if that's so I'm unsure first how to verify it, and secondly how to correct it.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike :)

Success!

I'd asked server tech to upgrade MySQL and increase space to /tmp during the same session to minimize my downtime.

When they emailed me that MySQL had been updated I re-ran the importer and it worked.

I then asked them to confirm that /tmp had been increased to 2GB but they'd forgotten to do it so it seems it was the MySQL version that had been the problem.

The only item which failed to import was "Status Updates" - that job through up the following error:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '3' for key 'PRIMARY'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1093
XenForo_Model_Import->importProfilePost() in XenForo/Importer/IPBoard.php at line 1887
XenForo_Importer_IPBoard->stepStatusUpdates() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/XXX/public_html/xfdev/admin.php at line 13

Now we can have a good play with XF in a realistic environment.

Since I'm not concerned about status updates for the test it doesn't matter, but I'm wondering if you can see anything in the above which might point to a reason for when I run the conversion prior to switching over?

Thanks Jake :)

Did you enable the option to preserve the source ids? That might explain this error. If you choose to preserve source ids then it needs to be a vanilla XF installation (no posts, users, etc). Any existing data on the XF forum can cause collisions like that error message.

To be honest I can't remember given the time that's passed since I first began this import.

It was a vanilla XF installation though, and I would have to assume I did select to preserve source IDs if only to ensure that I retained member number 1 - but as I said I can't be certain.

Anyhow for a test board it doesn't matter but I'll be sure to take note of that when it's time for the "real" conversion.

The only thing that seems to have failed from what I've seen so far is that some of the IPB categories came across as XF forums, but it only took a few minutes to fix that up.

Thanks for all your help Jake - much appreciated. :)

Top Bottom