IPB 4.0 Importer

Hi,

I know that 1.5 has been released now & I still understand that the staff must be busy making sure everything is ok with that version. But is there any update on this?
What I mean is, are there any plans to create one? Roughly when? And if there isn't for months and months, then I will cry.

I wanna to move to Xenforo, I just don't want to have the hassle of mybb then xenforo to get there. Do you think converting twice like that could harm the data?

ALso thank you for replying on a sunday. You never have a day off?!

Double imports are possible and many have done them, including myself.

In general passwords won't be preserved so your members will have to reset them, and some content may not be imported, depending on what is preserved on the first step.

Other than that though, it is feasible.

What's this "day off" you speak of?

*Fixed-solved*
OK I took a punt & purchased Xenforo.
I have just imported to mybb, I have then installed Xenforo. However when I try and import from mybb to xenforo it says:
  • The attachments directory could not be found.
It is in website/forums/uploads/
I have tried so many attachment paths & none work. What should I do?

Fix:
Turned out I needed to add the whole thing, including home/website/public_html

Well, seems like here is another one wanting to switch from IPB4 to XenForo.

I was using IPB4 since v2, but the new editor is too slow on low-power devices (and that's what my website is all about... geez), so my users can't really use it anymore and according to the team, there are no plans to support these devices.

XenForo seems to have a faster editor with optional BBCode editing (yay!) so it seems to be exactly what we need.

What's the current status importing from IPB4? Does it work well with MyBB? With all files, attachments, PMs, members, etc.?
Does anyone know whether the XenForo team is working on a direct importer?

Thanks in advance :)

Does anyone know whether the XenForo team is working on a direct importer?
We're generally trying to focus attention on XF 2.0, that said we are interested in at least exploring the feasibility of an IPB 4 importer for inclusion in a future 1.5.x release.

If anyone is interested in helping by sharing your IPB 4.0 data with us, that may help move things a long. If you can help, please start a conversation with me.

Top Bottom