1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPB 4.0 Importer

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by daveeeo, Apr 6, 2015.

1. daveeeo

daveeeo New Member

Looking to be saved from my IPB, I can see you have a 3.4 importer, will a 4 be ready any time soon? Thanks

Julien likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't believe we've had much demand for an IPB 4 importer yet. We would most likely consider creating one based on demand. Unfortunately, the only alternatives would be to import from a pre-upgrade backup (which would lose data) or to import through another system that supports importing from IPB 4 (which does risk data quality issues).

3. rv65

rv65 Active Member

I found out that MyBB Merge can convert IPB4, and then you can convert into XenForo.

hellreturn likes this.
  4. whitetigergrowl

whitetigergrowl Active Member

That converter will not currently work properly. It hasn't been updated since the final IPB4 release and there are converting errors in doing so. Plus other problems may arise.

It's ok though. I'd just take it as a hint to stay put for the near future unless you want to spend the money to find someone to convert the forums for you.

5. CanVox

CanVox New Member

We're not really happy with IPB4 at all and would like to move over to xenforo. So I guess if anyone knows of a solid solution to convert the latest IPB to xenforo let me know.

6. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

7. CanVox

CanVox New Member

The search on that website raises an error when I try to use it.

8. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

just contact them over email

9. rv65

rv65 Active Member

MyBB has updated Merge to 1.8.5 and that does support the final version of IPB 4, so now anyone on that forum software can convert to MyBB 1.8 and then convert to XF.

10. hellreturn

hellreturn Active Member

Looking for same. Looking to convert 2 IPB forums in near future, so if anyone of you have figure it out, please share it in PM or here.

11. Claudio

Claudio Well-Known Member

We can convert your board from MyBB 1.8 to XenForo :)

TheXboxCloud and rv65 like this.
  12. rv65

rv65 Active Member

I already did the conversion to XF! :)

13. xert77

xert77 Member

@Mike
    I think there is or will be a big demand for a 4.0 importer. I upgraded to 4.0 a few months ago and have since kept updating as the software became released, there is absolutely nothing you can do if you upgrade ot 4.0. No other softwares have an importer that supports IPB4, I would love to move away from IPB but I just can't.

14. Wiscansan

Wiscansan Member

@Mike
    I would also like to throw my name in the hat for an IPB 4.0 -> xF importer. Though I'm not sure why the creation of this importer is based off of demand. IPS is a major player in the "forum" business and I think that any solution that allows their customer's to easily switch to your platform is a very smart business decision.

xert77 likes this.
  15. mbkgen

mbkgen Member

@Mike Never thought i'd say this but add me to the list as well. I have loved IPB, been using it for years...a decade now. Pirated then legit for years but they have lost me with IPB 4. Its nothing like the original ipb that i loved or any of the other ipb versions.

I saw xenforo on a site i stumbled across and the forum was intuitive and really fun to use, i wondered what the heck it was, that is when i was introduced to the awesomeness that is Xenforo :). Take my money and give us an importer :LOL:

nitt, xert77 and Wiscansan like this.
  16. xert77

xert77 Member

IPB 4 isn't up to scratch & once you have upgraded to it, you're stuck. If Xenforo has a converter then it could provide a lot of IPB customers an option to switch.

Julien, ŽivaAkcija and Wiscansan like this.
  17. Julien

Julien Member

I would like to switch one of my forum with IPS4 to Xenforo too.

Wiscansan likes this.
  18. Julien

Julien Member

I've tried to convert IPS -> MyBB but i encounter a problem with attachments when trying to convert them, don't you ?

xert77 likes this.
  19. xert77

xert77 Member

I had the same problem, everything else worked perfectly fine though. I will be switching to xenforo as soon as there is a proper converter though.

Julien likes this.
  20. kevcollins

kevcollins New Member

We are looking at changing from IPB to Xenforo as well but we are only a small club forum.

Wiscansan likes this.