IPB 4.0 Importer

I don't believe we've had much demand for an IPB 4 importer yet. We would most likely consider creating one based on demand. Unfortunately, the only alternatives would be to import from a pre-upgrade backup (which would lose data) or to import through another system that supports importing from IPB 4 (which does risk data quality issues).

I found out that MyBB Merge can convert IPB4, and then you can convert into XenForo.

That converter will not currently work properly. It hasn't been updated since the final IPB4 release and there are converting errors in doing so. Plus other problems may arise.

It's ok though. I'd just take it as a hint to stay put for the near future unless you want to spend the money to find someone to convert the forums for you.

We're not really happy with IPB4 at all and would like to move over to xenforo. So I guess if anyone knows of a solid solution to convert the latest IPB to xenforo let me know.

That converter will not currently work properly. It hasn't been updated since the final IPB4 release and there are converting errors in doing so. Plus other problems may arise.

It's ok though. I'd just take it as a hint to stay put for the near future unless you want to spend the money to find someone to convert the forums for you.

MyBB has updated Merge to 1.8.5 and that does support the final version of IPB 4, so now anyone on that forum software can convert to MyBB 1.8 and then convert to XF.

I don't believe we've had much demand for an IPB 4 importer yet. We would most likely consider creating one based on demand. Unfortunately, the only alternatives would be to import from a pre-upgrade backup (which would lose data) or to import through another system that supports importing from IPB 4 (which does risk data quality issues).

@Mike
I think there is or will be a big demand for a 4.0 importer. I upgraded to 4.0 a few months ago and have since kept updating as the software became released, there is absolutely nothing you can do if you upgrade ot 4.0. No other softwares have an importer that supports IPB4, I would love to move away from IPB but I just can't.

@Mike
I would also like to throw my name in the hat for an IPB 4.0 -> xF importer. Though I'm not sure why the creation of this importer is based off of demand. IPS is a major player in the "forum" business and I think that any solution that allows their customer's to easily switch to your platform is a very smart business decision.

@Mike Never thought i'd say this but add me to the list as well. I have loved IPB, been using it for years...a decade now. Pirated then legit for years but they have lost me with IPB 4. Its nothing like the original ipb that i loved or any of the other ipb versions.

I saw xenforo on a site i stumbled across and the forum was intuitive and really fun to use, i wondered what the heck it was, that is when i was introduced to the awesomeness that is Xenforo :). Take my money and give us an importer :LOL:

Top Bottom