• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

IPB 3.4.1 Conversion

AWS

Well-known member
#1
My co-admins at http://computerhelpforums.net and I have been discussing converting since xenforo first came out. Last night I did a test import. I had to make a few changes to IPBoard.php to get the members to import. The permission system changed slightly so I had to make some changes to that section.

The problem I have is the post parser in IPB has changed drastically. See http://xen.computerhelpforums.net/threads/disk-management-showing-duplicate-drive-partitions.33344/ to see the result. I have been using the post replace tool, but, there is just too much to replace.

Does anyone have a fix for importing IPB 3.4?

My staff is excited to get running on xenforo and I'd like to do this next weekend. Problem is all new posts would look like the one I linked above.
 

AWS

Well-known member
#3
Thanks Jake. I downloaded the tool.

I made a slight modification to the import script to strip the html out of the posts. I post my changes after the final import so if other users run into the same problem they'll have a fix. It worked perfectly. It did strip a couple signature links, an added bonus because I had a few spam links in some sigs from old members that did a drive by to add the sigs.

The only thing I am left with in the newer posts is this: Â

It's in all the new posts at various places from after my upgrade to 3.4. I used the regex tool, but, it will not let me just remove it. I also have to have a replacement string. I just want to remove that from all the posts.

Can that be done?
 

AWS

Well-known member
#5
Thanks again Jake. For anyone else that has this problem the query to use with phpadmin is:
Code:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, 'Â', ' ');
Once I move all the tutorials into the forums I'm off with final conversion.
 

akia

Well-known member
#6
Thanks Jake. I downloaded the tool.

I made a slight modification to the import script to strip the html out of the posts. I post my changes after the final import so if other users run into the same problem they'll have a fix. It worked perfectly. It did strip a couple signature links, an added bonus because I had a few spam links in some sigs from old members that did a drive by to add the sigs.

The only thing I am left with in the newer posts is this: Â

It's in all the new posts at various places from after my upgrade to 3.4. I used the regex tool, but, it will not let me just remove it. I also have to have a replacement string. I just want to remove that from all the posts.

Can that be done?
Do you mind sharing the changes you've made,
I've just run a test import and most of my posts are like this:

Code:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="This Nation" data-cid="3789" data-time="1360439897"><p></p><p>This Nation would like to wish all members celebrating their birthday today a happy birthday.</p>
<ul class="bbc"><li><a href="http://www.thisnation.com/user/389-robert/">Robert</a> (23)</li>
</ul></blockquote>
<p>Thanks!</p>
 

AWS

Well-known member
#7
There are too many to list. I used this

UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, '</replace_this_with_html_tag>', ' ');
and after each query I would do another tag. Also remember to remove the end tags after each pass.