IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too like the new look of IPB 3.2. There are some minor template changes planned, but it's default scheme is going to be well-received by the users my existing IPB site.

Dunno how much longer the board will be closed down, but I've already noticed a few minor UI changes made since it was last open.

It seems the recent design trend now is moving towards flat elements. Glossy, shiny widgets and styles are out.

I requested a better way to implement smiley posting... I hated the horrid pop up interface that many other boards use... and they actually listened. Teehee. Right click to bring up a smiley menu, that's pretty creative, or so I think. :)

I requested a better way to implement smiley posting... I hated the horrid pop up interface that many other boards use... and they actually listened. Teehee. Right click to bring up a smiley menu, that's pretty creative, or so I think. :)

In my opinion, it's another unneeded popup box. Or box so to speak your still limited by the amount of smilies you can select which makes this restrictive in my opinion.

It's an improvement, it's still not optimal but vastly superior to a square box that pops up and whites out rest of the screen. It probably doesn't support multiple smiley selection either but it's still a nifty feature regardless. I haven't really ever seen smileys developed perfectly front-end. xF seems to be a bit easier to use (from paid forum software) so far but as you've stressed before, devs need to step their game up with smiley handling.

But that's the thing it's not. Real world, people have and use vast amount of smilies, what's the point in only being able to select some of them? Does the right click act as a random generator in the way what smilies are displayed when right clicked? because your hoping the smiley you want to use, displays. It's gimicky, that's how I see this sorry but it is and people are wowing over something that is essentially a step backwards. I personally have higher expectations in smiley management. :sneaky:

But that's the thing it's not. Real world, people have and use vast amount of smilies, what's the point in only being able to select some of them? Does the right click act as a random generator in the way what smilies are displayed when right clicked? because your hoping the smiley you want to use, displays. It's gimicky, that's how I see this sorry but it is and people are wowing over something that is essentially a step backwards. I personally have higher expectations in smiley management. :sneaky:
Not to mention right clicking isn't very intuitive in the first place...

It's an improvement, it's still not optimal but vastly superior to a square box that pops up and whites out rest of the screen. It probably doesn't support multiple smiley selection either but it's still a nifty feature regardless. I haven't really ever seen smileys developed perfectly front-end. xF seems to be a bit easier to use (from paid forum software) so far but as you've stressed before, devs need to step their game up with smiley handling.

I can see the point you are making, but just another area to skin imho :)

Nice to see IPS has worked out that people don't want 1,001 buttons (each in three different modes).

Overall passing mark I would think, though I would have liked to see something I haven't seen in other products already.

I can see the point you are making, but just another area to skin imho :)

Nice to see IPS has worked out that people don't want 1,001 buttons (each in three different modes).

Overall passing mark I would think, though I would have liked to see something I haven't seen in other products already.
To some a D is a passing mark :).

I like it... I think IPB show real appreciation for their users by not being naive to think that change wasn't essential after seeing XF and the overwhelming response XF has obtained since launch, let alone the volumes of VB's clients all shifting to IPB and XF due to software and client ignorance.

Good on IPB for paying attention and keeping their product up to date and trendy for what users are demanding now. Their users will stay with them if given the features and performance of new players like XF quickly enough... no ignorance, which is so pleasing to see and reinforces IPB's professionalism within the forum software market.

VB... if you read this... take notes of what you should have been doing to keep your customers! I hope to see the same level of service from XF that IPB give their clients.

Depends on the course. You generally need a C or better for a "required" course, but with electives you can pretty much pass with a D...

Anyway, getting off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom