IPB 3.2 - Early Beta Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you tried to criticise me for making an IPB comparison.

I'm not going to get into an argument with you. But my responses to you and argument is primarily because from day 1 you've been digging at the heals of the devs here with your sarcastic demanding remarks which seriously lack civilised dialogue to commence. I'm glad you find it funny but I don't, I've been helping out in the garden all day and my hands have increased in mass resembling shovels, ballooned out as they may be I'll walk away from this thread with inflated gigantic sized hands, stung by those pesky nettles and bid you good day carl. :)

Back on topic my hams are killing me.

Interesting the "ignore signature" feature...do you think this feature is useful or help to add bloat to a forum software?

It's a serious question. I don't know if features like this will be very used by forum members (if a user don't like to see signature can disable globally, but disable the single signature...i don't know).

I guess it could prove useful for blocking certain gigantic image signatures people might use that bug the life out of you. You do get some at times that feel they have to use a huge banner image logo at their signature.

I'm liking IPB 3.2 - much improved over 3.1.4 - and finally VNC works like it should have done a year or more ago!!! (y)

There's aren't any real "blow you out of the water" features or changes, but the overall layout and small feature changes add up to a much better experience and I find myself drawn to the 3.2 beta like a moth - when compared to the IPS 3.1.4 company forums.

I like the way it's heading, and whilst there are some things that I'd do differently, overall it is looking good.

Now ... how the hell do I sell the 3.2 changeover to my membership without them all running for the hills (most people don't like change very much!!!) ... :ROFLMAO:

i do hope the launch of the new ipb beta will motivate kier and mike even more to introduce us innovative features in future :)

Interesting the "ignore signature" feature...do you think this feature is useful or help to add bloat to a forum software?

It's a serious question. I don't know if features like this will be very used by forum members (if a user don't like to see signature can disable globally, but disable the single signature...i don't know).
I would find it very useful. There's plenty of people here I would use it on, but instead, I have to disable everyone's signature.

i do hope the launch of the new ipb beta will motivate kier and mike even more to introduce us innovative features in future :)

I'd say innovation comes from within and mike and kier don't need another company to bring out innovative features they proved that already from their track record and by the familiarities at 3.2 (yes they are very similar i'm not knocking it). Like I stated numerous times and this best conveys what I mean. Xenforo innovates, other forum products get inspired. #Fact It's right there before your very eyes. :D

Reactions: Kim
I'd say innovation comes from within and mike and kier don't need another company to bring out innovative features they proved that already from their track record and by the familiarities at 3.2 (yes they are very similar i'm not knocking it). Like I stated numerous times and this best conveys what I mean. Xenforo innovates, other forum products get inspired. #Fact It's right there before your very eyes. :D
i dont really see any ignore features yet on xf :whistle:
so am hoping that kier and mike check ipb and even make a better ones

No. You can have either Like or +/- reputation system - but not both.
Interesting.... In their +/- reputation system, can "-" be given independently? Or is it like here: You have to LIKE it first before you can UNLIKE it?

I'm not going to get into an argument with you. But my responses to you and argument is primarily because from day 1 you've been digging at the heals of the devs here with your sarcastic demanding remarks which seriously lack civilised dialogue to commence. I'm glad you find it funny but I don't, I've been helping out in the garden all day and my hands have increased in mass resembling shovels, ballooned out as they may be I'll walk away from this thread with inflated gigantic sized hands, stung by those pesky nettles and bid you good day carl. :)

Back on topic my hams are killing me.

Interesting, twisting logic when it suits.

Good day to you too. :)

Ok. To me IPB 3.2 looks boxy and bulky. Visually it's not as smooth, natural and personal as XenForo. I see board, but I don't see myself as a part of it. And no pop-up user info page. To look up a user you have to leave the page you are on. :eek:

ips1.webp

ips3.webp

ips2.webp

ips4.webp

ips5.webp

Now the same issue ... but less ?
xenforo.com.screengrab.lots.of.black.space.but.less.webp

It seems there is a variable amount of black space with Chrome but not IE 8 or Firefox.

No problem with FireFox 3.6.16.
No problem with IE 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom