iPad doesn't like Admin log-in.

BGL

Using the iPad, I can log in as Admin on the forum but when I try to log in to the Control Panel, it does the incredible shrinking XenForo graphic but then just goes back to the log-in. No error message, just doesn't log in. If I use the computer, it works fine. Is there some toggle in XenForo or in the forum that will let me log-in via the iPad.

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Not really. Just stopped doing it. I use a small site shared server Apache deal from Network Solutions. As you can see above, Jake et al identified the errors as being server software related. That's all by Network Solutions so my guess is there was some problem with the server and NS fixed it

Try to enable javascript , I use the ipad and other mobile devices all the time and never had any problem with xenforo. I once had a problem and it has to do with javascript, it was disable to fix this go setting --> safari --> javascript= on.

edit: I can't confirm this in ios6 :unsure:

Reactions: BGL
I take it back. Problem returns. The comment I made about it being server error was for another unrelated problem. I'll try Chrome. I did try the suggestion of enabling Javascript but it was already on.

So Chrome does work for ACP,login while Safari does not.

So Chrome works to give ACP access vs Safari but Chrome will not open links in messages on XenForo forums while Safari does. So I'll do admin work on Chrome and cruising on Safari.

I have had this happen also, finally tried adding some to the URL

Try add this to the end of your URL: admin.php?tools/

adding that to the URL lets me login, I have had this happen on my desktop as well and adding the above lets me get in.

Tested on two forums with iOS 5.1.1 (iPad2) both with Safari and Dolphin => no problem.
Can't be a "flash problem". There's no flash here.
Try to disable addons (listener) and try again.

Top Bottom