iPad doesn't like Admin log-in.

BGL

Using the iPad, I can log in as Admin on the forum but when I try to log in to the Control Panel, it does the incredible shrinking XenForo graphic but then just goes back to the log-in. No error message, just doesn't log in. If I use the computer, it works fine. Is there some toggle in XenForo or in the forum that will let me log-in via the iPad.

I recently just read a document that details a flaw or a functional change with iOS6 that impact some websites. One of the points identified a change that affects website caching. As a result of this issue, authentication log in or log out issues were identified. That's all I can share right now and I don't know if it's something that Apple intended or if it's an actual bug. One other point, the report stated this affected iPad users only.

Edit: This could be related and the report that I reviewed was issued on 9/24.

Can't you try first to disable addons?//Server side
Can't you try to empty your cache?//Client side
Try to download Dolphin browser

XenForo needs to work with main browsers. XenForo needs to know why it has issues with IOS6 even if it is an IOS6 issue. Mohammed goes to the mountain.

XenForo needs to work with main browsers. XenForo needs to know why it has issues with IOS6 even if it is an IOS6 issue. Mohammed goes to the mountain.
... BGL must read links we take time to give him. BGL must understand that XenForo can't do anything if IOS6 has bugs. BGL should have stayed with IOS5 for a few more months.

The original business that I was dealing with, that gave me the report about the iOS6 issues, has an application much more significant than XF. They are not going to fix their application because (like XF) it is not broken. It's a iOS6 issue that Apple needs to fix. In the meantime, they've published a alternate fix for customers using iOS6 devices that wish to access their information.

They are not going to fix their application because (like XF) it is not broken. It's a iOS6 issue that Apple needs to fix. In the meantime, they've published a alternate fix for customers using iOS6 devices that wish to access their information.

Good on them.

On the other hand if you need the 64 million IOS users you find a fix for your problem.

Good on them.

On the other hand if you need the 64 million IOS users you find a fix for your problem.

Exactly. Apple should fix their bug for all of the iOS6 users. :) The world doesn't revolve around Apple. (i.e. we don't fix our applications to work with their bugs.)

Good on them.

You're really stubborn :whistle:

Open your admin login page, view the source, see the two wonderful "input" fields for name & password. Now understand that it's difficult to do a more basic code and that your problem (according to the above information) is a cookie and cache problem due to your browser.

Now, instead of complaining have you tried at least to erase your cache as it is said above?

You can also try to change the XenForo cookie prefix (see here), but that's would be a technical nonsense for a cache problem certainly due to 1 browser on 1 device.

Reactions: ENF
It seems that changing the cookie prefix would just be a temporary solution anyway.

See that blog:
I have to keep clearing the cookies everytime a different user or different account is used for the Yahoo login. This also applies to other apps that requires log in, multiple accounts/users appear not to be happily supported anymore

To complain, please follow that link.

Reactions: ENF
You're really stubborn

As opposed to folks who think 100 million IOS user Apple is going to make changes to suit XenForo users for a problem that affects XenForo users.

Stubborn is not adapting to the environment. Apple is the environment. XenForo is a butterfly in that environment.

As opposed to folks who think 100 million IOS user Apple is going to make changes to suit XenForo users for a problem that affects XenForo users.

Stubborn is not adapting to the environment. Apple is the environment. XenForo is a butterfly in that environment.
What about Yahoo? Microsoft? Well in fact every major companies which offering in their websites a login to their users.

You're trying to make this thread as a debate of being in favour of Apple or XenForo. That's not the question. iO6 has a bug that impacts every websites with a login function. If you don't understand this, no need to continue that discussion.

You're trying to make this thread as a debate of being in favour of Apple or XenForo.

I would say folks who say they won't upgrade to IOS6 and make political statements like "World doesn't revolve around Apple" are the ones doing that vs. suggesting that XenForo look into a known problem with XenForo login with IOS6 users, the means by which 50% of most forum users are logging on these days.

Even if the cause is some flaw in IOS, the small current problem is XenForo's and should be looked into before it becomes a big problem.

Most users won't complain about login problems, they'll just move on.

I would say folks who say they won't upgrade to IOS6 and make political statements like "World doesn't revolve around Apple" are the ones doing that vs. suggesting that XenForo look into a known problem with XenForo login with IOS6 users, the means by which 50% of most forum users are logging on these days.

Even if the cause is some flaw in IOS, the small current problem is XenForo's and should be looked into before it becomes a big problem.

Most users won't complain about login problems, they'll just move on.
I've found a winner :love: . Are you free on Saturday night for a diner with some friends?

Top Bottom