1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed iOS8 Safari reply leaves cursor and keyboard active

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by lantek, Sep 20, 2014.

1. lantek

lantek Active Member

On iOS 8 Safari iPhone 6, hitting reply to an existing post has unusual behavior with the cursor position and keyboard.

Once the reply has been added, the keyboard remains active, and a blue flashing cursor appears just beneath the actual post. I have attached a screenshot showing the cursor by the 'A moment ago' text, and the keyboard remaining active.

The thread I used is at https://xenforo.com/community/threads/test.83534/

IMG_4828.jpg

Daroldi likes this.
  2. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

I'm getting this in Chrome as well.

lantek likes this.
  3. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Confirmed with iP6+

lantek likes this.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately, I believe this is an iOS 8 issue (amongst many...). I will see if I can find a workaround, but cursor display is generally handled by the browser (the only thing we could really try to do is to blur the editor).

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I believe I have worked around this now (rolling out here as I type this). Just blurring the editor doesn't work, but it appears that I can focus the iframe document/window and that sorts it. Bit strange...

lantek and Chris D like this.
  6. nothingatall

nothingatall Member

Is there any fix to this for 1.4.1? Or a hint what fixed it? Don't want to do a full upgrade for this fix ... but it's annoying.

7. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This fix was made available in 1.4.2 and above. We can only recommend upgrading to XF 1.4.2.

nothingatall likes this.