Invite & Referrer System [Paid] [Deleted]

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
I'm confused. I try to give a user an invite but it still does not show any when I click on 'show all invites'. ;-(
did you send a invite mail OR did you give him free invites?

the "show all invites" page shows the sent invites

I'm not understanding how this even works. I am supposed to be able to send registration invites out to people who have 'not yet registered', correct? It seems that it's only allowing me to send invites to existing members and it doesn't even seem to be doing that. ;-(

I'm not understanding how this even works. I am supposed to be able to send registration invites out to people who have 'not yet registered', correct? It seems that it's only allowing me to send invites to existing members and it doesn't even seem to be doing that. ;-(
after you set the permissions & options you'll see this page= > http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/invite1-png.27222/ where you can invite UNREGISTERED users;)

Ok, I see that page, but all it tells me is that I have 'no free invites left'. I try to set the options but it doesn't allow anything to be posted. Maybe when you have time you can look for me? Same access is still there.

Ok, I see how that works. But what does the 'referrer' do? All it does is take people to the forum?
yes.

your users have an link, which they can share.
once somebody uses this link to register, the user who gave him the link will be his referrer:D

The work on the next major release is progressing great.

The "invite facebook friends" feature is almost finished and also 2 other often requested features (will be announced later;) )

Can't wait to see it.
I suggest a feature to invite friends after a new user finish his registration process. Almost Social network allow new users invite/follow their friend in this way.

Anybody interessted in helping me test the new features (a facebook account and some facebook friends are required!)?

How should i handle the invites & referrers?

ATM this are 2 complete different things, tracked with 2 different methods
IMO this should be changed to only 1 "base" (sorry, don't know how to call it;) )
invited.webp

so if i invited 5 users where 4 of them registered + i've gave the referrerlink to 100 users where 20 of them registered, i'll have in sum 24 referred users...

the reason for my requested change is, that i would need to do everything 2times if i leave it as it is(e.g. trophypoints for invited users and trophypoints for referred users..)

as i started with this add-on it was only planed as a "invite only" add-on to close the open registrations.
with time, i added too many user requests, which ended now in an chaos, which needs to be cleaned up;)

Reactions: IPF
Well IMO this add-on should only focus on Invitations and invited users, if there are lot of user requests for referrer system then you should create a separate add-on for that. Invitation add-on has a lot of things to do, like you can add Facebook Friends Invite feature, Import Address book Contacts and send invites to them and also design it as when new user register, redirect them to invite page to send invites to facebook/google/yahoo/live/hotmail friends and contacts. Every social network do that thing and it worked.

Top Bottom