Invision Community just discontinued their marketplace

Since I got a good deal with a license I've had expired for many many years I am now debating on using XF or IPS for a project I want to work on. Just waiting on 2.3 / 3.0 to see the direction of XF to see if I need to waste my time working on any custom work in case it gets added (a reason I've put my addon learning experience on hold). This is only due to being able to get access to Pages and more when I only had the forum application beforehand.

But due it being so expensive (i saw that you have to pay for your license every 6 months for some outragious price)
Before their most recent license pricing switch ($499 upfront to get every product they have [Downloads, Pages, Blogs, etc etc], and then you have the option to pay $199 per year or $19 a month, which comes with its own caveats) they were cheaper when it came to renewal vs XF renewal, but not anymore.

Since I got a good deal with a license I've had expired for many many years I am now debating on using XF or IPS for a project I want to work on. Just waiting on 2.3 / 3.0 to see the direction of XF to see if I need to waste my time working on any custom work in case it gets added (a reason I've put my addon learning experience on hold). This is only due to being able to get access to Pages and more when I only had the forum application beforehand.

Before their most recent license pricing switch ($499 upfront to get every product they have [Downloads, Pages, Blogs, etc etc], and then you have the option to pay $199 per year or $19 a month, which comes with its own caveats) they were cheaper when it came to renewal vs XF renewal, but not anymore.
The last time i tried that software they had us paying $100 per 6 months.
These guys were strict at the time.
you couldn't change things.
Sounds like it's more of the same rotten procedure.

They were at $80 for a year before the latest change. Not sure how long they were at $80 though.

Edit: That is $80 renewal for the forums only, no other addons.

Top Bottom