Add-on Interest for XenForo to XenForo importer?

Would you be interested in buying an addon that offers the mentioned features?

• Total voters

Naatan

Hi guys, I've been asked to develop a XF to XF importer and am simply wondering whether there is any demand for such an addon.

Desired import data:
  • Nodes (all types)
    • thread prefixes
  • Threads
  • Users
    • Merge based on email address
    • Conversations
    • Profile Messages
    • Profile stats (trophy points, etc)
    • Following & Followers
    • Alerts & Notifications
The following would be desirable but would probably not be in the first version
  • Node permissions
  • Usergroups, all imported users will default to a configured usergrous
  • User group promotions
  • User Upgrades
  • Moderator / Admin status
  • Custom user fields
  • User permissions
The addon would sell for around 40 USD (TBD).
Please let me know whether you'd be interested in buying an addon that does this for you.

I could have a use for this...

Groundwork shown here looks promising, as far as for first version.

When you think people will buy other XenForo communities being sold, just to merge the database with their own existing one to make bigger, many would have a use for this I feel.

When you think people will buy other XenForo communities being sold, just to merge the database with their own existing one to make bigger, many would have a use for this I feel.

Is this actually being done on a large scale (people buying XF communities)?

Reactions: HWS
Is this actually being done on a large scale (people buying XF communities)?
Yes. I wish there was a way to import everything from xf to xf. I have a few projects that I'd like to import into another existing xf instance.

I hope this importer is designed with quality in mind, and that it works with importing everything from xf to xf. Minus the skins, of course. :D

Imports of LIKES is a huge must!

Oh, and that merge feature needs to be an option.

I wouldn't put it at $40, but instead $30.

Yes. I wish there was a way to import everything from xf to xf. I have a few projects that I'd like to import into another existing xf instance.

I hope this importer is designed with quality in mind, and that it works with importing everything from xf to xf. Minus the skins, of course. :D

Imports of LIKES is a huge must!

Oh, and that merge feature needs to be an option.

I wouldn't put it at $40, but instead $30.

That it's designed with quality in mind is a given, that's the only way I wish to work.

The pricing will be relative to the amount of work I have to put into developing the addon, 30 or 40 dollar won't make a big difference to users buying the addon but it will make a big difference to me covering my costs. That said I'm all for a fair price so it very well may be 30 USD, as said it just depends on the work involved.

I answered the poll before reading the price. $40 is fair, I assumed a project like this you may have asked more.

Yes please! I'd buy it now if I could. I have no use for my other xenforo board.

Wait, what?

Do it anyway.

I have no interest in spending my time developing something that is already being developed, I'd rather spend that time working on something original.

Plus, there'd be little interest for me to release a paid version where a free one is available. Sure I could make it stand out one way or another, but the fact is that it would still severely affect the amount of sales I would get.

Reactions: HWS
Do an album modification. If it has friend's list only albums as an option, I'd buy it. There are no album addons for xenforo that support an option that basic.

Do an album modification. If it has friend's list only albums as an option, I'd buy it. There are no album addons for xenforo that support an option that basic.
Heh. I was hired to do this to the user albums addon. Terrible hacks though.

Top Bottom