Integration of a WYSIWYG Editor for Notice Creation

Gr8

Hello XenForo community and developers,

I wanted to take a moment to suggest a feature that, in my opinion, could significantly enhance the user experience and efficiency when creating notices on XenForo - the integration of a WYSIWYG editor.

As many of us who regularly create and manage notices know, formatting them to look just right can be a bit cumbersome without a visual editor. We often have to rely on HTML for formatting, which can be time-consuming and less intuitive.

A WYSIWYG editor could help streamline this process and make it more user-friendly, especially for users who are not as comfortable with code. This would allow admins and moderators to preview how their notice will appear in real-time, as they are creating it.

The benefits of this feature could include:
  1. Simpler formatting and editing of notices.
  2. An increase in efficiency when creating or updating notices.
  3. Making the platform more accessible and easy to use for all users, regardless of their technical background.
I believe this addition could be a powerful improvement to XenForo's already robust platform. I'm interested to hear other community members' thoughts on this, as well as any feedback from the XenForo development team.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Please Upvote: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ditor-for-notice-creation.214541/vote?type=up

Last edited:
Upvote 11
Use of the WYSIWYG editor for notices could be helpful for some. Mine tend to be fairly basic uses (announcing changes, downtime, etc.) but for those who use them more extensively, I could see this being a good thing.
I would rather see this as an add-on. It's not something we need on our site at all.
This is one of those things that I would tend to see that way at first, but I suspect that if I had it, it would get used. Hardly a priority, then, but maybe a nice-to-have.

It would seem to me that the same tool provided for messages could be used for Notices. Is there any reason why that would be a big climb to implement?
That's kind of what I am thinking, too. They have a semi-WYSIWYG editor already in Froala (or whatever they replace it with if that's the eventual plan to deal with the problems some are having). Can it just be extended to this application?

Top Bottom