Integrated Blogs

Grover

The latest version (3.8) Kier & Mike produced for Jelsoft has it... Invision Powerboard has it. So it seems logical/natural that xenForo needs to provide integrated Blogs aswell. Otherwise a large part of customers will be unable/unwilling to transfer their vB boards to xenForo, because we really need our integrated Blogs aswell.

Please do [like] this first posting if you think it is a good feature suggestion for XenForo

Upvote 103
I agree, I would rather see a full featured and stable forum than have the blogs and CMS, they can be added at a latter date/version... I would like to still see basic openID support and integration with existing platforms like Wordpress etc...

I agree, I would rather see a full featured and stable forum than have the blogs and CMS, they can be added at a latter date/version... I would like to still see basic openID support and integration with existing platforms like Wordpress etc...

I understand everyone has different wishes, but I already have a great solid forumpackage. It's called vB3.8. This comes with integrated Blogs. So if I want to transfer to xenForo, I simply need this functionality. Furthermore, I paid for vB4 (unfortunately), because I seriously needed the CMS. But, if Kier&Mike can come up with some kind of integration with Wordpress/Joomla (I don't have a clue what is technically possible/wise to do), then this might also be a solution for me. However, I think an all-in-1-box solution would be preferred.

I have several VB forums and I must admit, this beta is exciting.

One thing I'll really like for this awesome preview, is a Blog.

I use Blogs as my site's main content. Right now I pull them from a desired VB'Blog wich I show as a Portal.

If you can add Blogs I will definetly consider this a valid option.

You have developed almost all the features.. c'mon, you can make a Blog Addon as good as Wordpress here!

All the best,
Ro

Wordpress is a simple little thing. What makes it great is it's mods and customizations and that's what the devs are trying to accomplish here (at least i think thats what). Have a nice simple forum and later down the line a simple blog and cms with a nice modification community. That's what made wordpress and that's what's making these new things like iphones, ipads, ipods and androids etc. Apps AKA Mods.

Start off simple and let the user customize it to their liking.

One thing I'll really like for this awesome preview, is a Blog.

I don't think this will be in version 1.x, but I believe it will make it onto the roadmap. Some of these questions are answered over here on this sticky from Kier and Mike: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...wered.114/#post-2236
I have several VB forums and I must admit, this beta is exciting.
The software is still only in alpha - so only more and better things to come when it gets to beta ;)

Such a big suggestion, such a new member. The guys are working on XenForo's core function - the forums first. As the product grows, so will it's capabilities. Give them time, I'm sure we'll be seeing something similar to vBulletin's blog system some time in the future.

I think many use the vBulletin Blog, so that module would be nice.

I think a Blog is a great suggestion. However, despite that I support it. I notice that only a small amount of users on the sites actually use it. Unfortunately. The reason is, I believe, that every forum can have a blog, and users already post on their social networks, or the forums, and there's no real stuff for them to post on the blog. Plus, it's not their personal blog. If they are a member on various web sites, they have various blogs. Cross posting is annoying and inconvenient. That said, a lot of the somewhat serious sites out there perhaps desire to have a real "web site" powered by say XenForo and having a forum and a blog, from the same package is quite logical. Or, they just want to use it as official news, company blog, etc. For those reasons too, I'd like to see a blog as addon appear. And I do believe that once they've finalized version 1 and there's an update to improve the core code to be ready for applications, such as a blog, there might be incremental version releases to support so. It's at least something I hope for. I don't mind the wait.

Such a big suggestion, such a new member. The guys are working on XenForo's core function - the forums first. As the product grows, so will it's capabilities. Give them time, I'm sure we'll be seeing something similar to vBulletin's blog system some time in the future.

That someone is a new member doesn't matter, at all. This site is up for not even two weeks, you're as new as anybody else. I think it's a bit unfair to imply with that, that if someone's new they should stick to newbie suggestions, like a pretty button. That said, I think there is space here for suggestions, including a blog, a cms, a gallery. They're realistic requests, and I believe there are no real restrictions on what people can request (as long as it is realistic). It gives the developers an impression of what the community is looking for, and how desired a feature or application is; which helps them take that under consideration during their research and development period. I do agree that I doubt version 1.0.x will see a blog addon application. In the mean time users could make a custom page, or see if there's a wordpress bridge available.

Top Bottom