XF 1.5 (Insufficient Privileges to Post Here)

Sytheriseida

Hi there, fellow members and moderators alike.

I am very new to the aspect of xenForo, since I'm used to SMF and vBulletin more.

So, I'm having an issue regarding permissions. I've googled this issue, and I know there are similar threads, but they don't seem to answer my question, where's theirs were resolved with issues I don't seem to be having.

I created an 'Announcements' forum on my forum, with the explicit expectancy that only staff can post in there. However, when I attempt to post in there, it says I don't have the right privileges.
I checked all my permissions - user group permissions are okay, node permissions are fine, new posts can be made in the forum... so I'm not sure where the issue is.

I ran a few tests and it comes under the problem that if regular (Registered) Members can't post, then neither can staff. I enable Members to be allowed to post, and it all works fine, but if I disable Members to be allowed to post, then staff can't do anything with the forum, admins included.

However, my Administrators user group isn't even assigned to the Members user group, so I don't understand what's going on.

Some advice would be lovely.
Thank you very much,

- Sytheriseida

I created an 'Announcements' forum on my forum, with the explicit expectancy that only staff can post in there. However, when I attempt to post in there, it says I don't have the right privileges.
You likely have Never set somewhere.

1. Revoke the post thread permission for the Registered user group in that node.
2. Allow it for the desired user group(s) or user(s).

This guide should help: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/implementing-permissions-across-multiple-user-groups.358/

... Yes. I had Never set on the Registered Members to post new threads and like in that forum. I... didn't realize it needed to be Revoked. Whoops. Such a simple mistake!

Then, if I may ask, what's the main difference between 'Never' and 'Revoke'?

Thank you in advance, and thank you for solving my problem. You're a lifesaver. ^^

I see. I understand.

Thank you for being so patient with my. Like I said, I'm new, and autism sometimes help me understand even the simplest of things, even if it's sitting there right in front of me. In this case, it was. Haha.

Again, thank you so much. ^^

Top Bottom