Installing XenForo

@Bob_R,

I have moved your post to the support forums. If you are importing from another software, you will need to install it inot a different directory, perform the import and then move the installation after import.

@Bob_R,

I have moved your post to the support forums. If you are importing from another software, you will need to install it inot a different directory, perform the import and then move the installation after import.

Is it "in" or "not in"?

I've bolded my confusion.

Thanks for your help.

You can't install XenForo in the same directory as vB.

You will need to install it in a different (temporary) directory, then rename/move after the import.

Sorry for the stupid questions. I appreciate your help.

So, create a www.example.com with a say forums subdirectory and put the upload directory from XenForo into forums subdirectory?

The example.com directory would be empty. All the contents from upload go into forums?

Do not touch my live vBulletin directories structure?

Correct.

Create the /forums directory so it's at e.g. www.example.com/forums.

Then upload the contents of the upload folder to that path.

Then perform the installation.

I already chose the vB4 redirection script. But the directions give a choice of: Standard, Basic or Advanced URLs and.or Mod_Rewrite URLs.

That's my question. I should have been clearer, I suppose.

After I Click on the Import External Data icon. all I have is a blank white screen????

Please advise

EDIT: I have closed my vBulletin board due to maintenance.

Help!

Noticed these server errors.

Still getting blank white screen when trying to do import from vbulletin to xenforo.

Please note i have both boards closed.

Please advise.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-06-14 at 1.06.57 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-06-14 at 1.06.57 PM.webp
    62.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen shot 2014-06-14 at 1.06.47 PM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-06-14 at 1.06.47 PM.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom