Installing XenForo Locally and Setting-up Eclipse

Well I got it all working now with eclipse and a WAMP package...now I am going to try Zend Studio on Win7x64 and see how that goes.

I have had a few hours to play around with this and just explore to see what I could make sense of and I realize how awesome it is to be using an IDE. Just the display tree for the files and the contained code within those is enough to make me see how awesome it is, and I don't even know what I am doing. I can imagine for a developer how useful this can be is.

Now that I have a wmware image setup from scratch with nothing but dev tools on it along with my WAMP install and eclipse (for now we'll see if Zend Studio tickles my fancy) with the www directory of the server empty waiting for some files. Now I keep that as a backup and just paste a copy of that virtual machine in a working directory and load it up with vmware workstation (you can do this with vmware player for free) and then can start fresh anytime I want without having to waste time on setup anymore since I just copy a completely setup environment.

OK...off to go break stuff now. Thanks again for this video :)

gfdfd.webp
:-)

I have set up Eclipse and installed Zend Server (they don't have a CE anymore so grabbed the free edition - but it has actually installed a trial of the enterprise edition).

I have also copied Kier's file in this post Installing XenForo Locally and Setting-up Eclipse (but can't use http://myname and have to use the port 10088)

But where can I set up the mysql database? Do I have to install phpmyadmin? I have deployed it via zend but going to it says not found.

Not Found

The requested URL /phpmyadmin was not found on this server.

Can I just use mysql prompt to create the DB? Or is there some other way in ZS?

Top Bottom