• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Installing Xenforo in "forums" or "community" directory

Hello,

Run a vbulletin board v4.2.1 + vbseo and now am considering moving to Xenforo and reading through the migration experiences of the other forum owners here.

My existing forum structure is - www.mydomain.com/forums. If I choose to install Xenforo in "forums" directory under public_html in my server, I could see that the url structure will be like
www.mydomain.com/forums/forums/main-forum.2/

there are two "forums" in the url structure. Should I consider installing xenforo in the directory "community". What is the best practice from seo perspective and setting up redirects to the old vbseo'd urls.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
If you don't want to install in the root, it's personal preference as to whether you install in the /forum(s) or /community directory.

It has no impact or relation to SEO and redirects can be implemented for both in the same manner.

Hey Brogan,
From SEO perspective and setting up redirects, is there any difference between installing XF in root vs XF in directory "community"